scene 137- third time's a charm

[...
Not sure what to say about this.
Welp..........
Eh. Do I even need the warning at this point?
If you're listening to music, put a sad song on. Something like... Sayo-nara from Doki Doki Literature club. Yeah. That's a good song for this.]

~~~

He skipped down the hall, humming to himself. Today had been a pretty good day. Maybe Zelda would be in a good mood, too.

He reached her room and knocked on the door.
"Zeldaaa," he said in a sing song voice. "It's me!"

There was no answer. He shrugged and opened the door and saw that she was lying on her bed. She must have fallen asleep.

He would have left, but something felt a little off. He warily walked over to her and gently laid a hand on her back.
She wasn't moving at all. No breathing, no nothing.

He saw that there was something in her right hand. An elixir bottle. It had an odd liquid in it. And his Sheikah slate was on the bed, too. He had been wondering where that was.

He grabbed it and saw that it was on. The diary was open, and there was a new entry.

~

Dear Link,
I'm sorry. This is for your own good. I couldn't bear to watch you hurt yourself anymore, so I decided to kill myself.
The reason I asked for that elixir bottle the other day was so I could fill it with poison. And I drank it.
Again, I'm really, really sorry. Please, just don't hurt yourself because of this.
Everything is going to be okay. Because I'm not around to mess it up for you.

I'm so, so, sorry. I just didn't want to hurt you any more than I already have.
               ~Zelda

~

He couldn't believe it. Why would she do this?
This had to be a sick prank or something. It just couldn't be real. He had to be dreaming. There was no way this was happening.

He fully expected her to sit up and say, "Ha! Got you!"
But she didn't. She never sat up, she never said anything.

He should have spent more time with her, he should have realized, he should have known. She had even left books about poison just lying around. And he didn't think twice about it.

He fell to his knees, sobbing. He couldn't find the strength to do anything. He almost couldn't find the strength to cry.

Why would she do something like this? She even said in the note that everything would be alright. But how was that possible if she wasn't there?

He held the Sheikah slate tight and hugged Zelda. After a moment, he unsheathed his sword and stabbed it into the floor.

●●●

Someone appeared in front of Twilight. Actually, it was two people. And they were on the floor? Why- oh.

It was Wild and his Zelda. And his Zelda appeared to be unconscious, and Wild was extremely upset about something. He was holding the Sheikah, and Zelda had a bottle in her hand.

Wild looked up with a tear-streaked face and said,
"She's dead. She killed herself. She-she made poison and drank it. She left me a note. Here, read it."
He tossed the Sheikah slate at Twilight, and it landed at his feet. He bent down to pick it up and read the note.

When he looked back up, Wild was holding the bottle. His face was no longer full of grief, but instead, it was just sad, apologetic, and practically screaming surrender.

"Well... third time's a charm, I guess."

He lifted the bottle to his lips. He tilted it back and drank.

Then, he fell forward.
He was dead.
Again.

Twilight fell to his knees. He heard a muffled, "No. Not again," behind him, then the sound of someone running away.

Why....
Why would Wild do this....
Why would his Zelda do this....
Why would anyone do this....

●●●

Legend was shocked, but his attention was quickly directed away from Wild when he heard Wind say, "no. Not again."
Then, Wind ran to the table. He grabbed something out of his bag, then ran off.

Legend shook his head, brushing it off. Wind was just upset. Of course he'd be upset. Of course. It made perfect sense.

But... something in the back if his mind was telling him to go after Wind.
He pushed the feeling away, knowing it was nothing.

However, after a few minutes, he couldn't just ignore it. He turned away and walked in the direction Wind had gone.

Eventually, he found him. But it wasn't in a way he liked.

He was hanging on a rope. From a tree. By his neck.

The object he had taken from his bag was the grappling hook. And he used that to hang himself.

Why would Wind of all people do this? He was so happy, so... bright. Wild, yes, it made more sense, but Wind... it made absolutely no sense. It was just out of the blue.

Well, not really out of the blue. Wild had just killed himself again. And Wind was definitely upset by that. But to do this... that was just... just...

"G-get down from there, Wind, y-you'll hurt yourself again. I-I don't want you t-to get hurt. Pl-please. Wind, th-this isn't f-funny. St-stop it."

He knew Wind wouldn't stop. He couldn't. He was dead. Obviously. Why was everyone dying all of a sudden?
It didn't make sense. He didn't understand. It made him want to die. Was that why Wind did it? Why Wild did it?

Was it why Wild's Zelda did it?
Because she couldn't watch Wild hurt himself?
Because she couldn't bear to see Wild upset?
Because she couldn't bear to see him like this?

Dead.
Again.
Third time really is a charm.
He was right.