C.2

the saturday night were a bit chilly and eerie. the moon was covered by the clouds as it was about to rain and it made the surrounding darker than it was suppose to be. the street lamps were flickering.

yoonhwa quickened her pace as she pulled the hoodie jacket she was wearing closer to give her some warmth. she always hated the darkness. it made her feel a little bit stuffy. her grip on the plastic bag tightened.

yoonhwa was out that night to buy some groceries because the food at her house were out of stock. and she's just hungry and wanted to have some ramen.

"why does this walk seem longer than it supposed to be" she mumbled to herself and tried to walk faster.

she halted when she heard a voice coming from one of the dark alley. hiding herself from being seen she peeked and saw a guy with a black hoodie standing in front of a man that was laying on the floor lifeless. her eyes widened when she saw a pool of blood with the help of the lamp that was above the hoodie guy.

she covered her mouth at what she'd saw trying not to scream or let out any sound. her face covered by her long purple hair.

"that's what you get for trying to kill me" the guy said before he slowly walked out of the alley and more likely towards her.

yoonhwa closed her eyes and steadied her breath. her hand were shaky and she felt throwing up there right now. she wanted to run but she felt like her feet were glued to the ground.

"what are you doing here" her shoulders flinch slightly at the deep voice. she opened her eyes and she saw the hoodie guy in front of her. she couldn't really see his face because of the hoodie he was wearing.

a strong wind went passed both of them making the hoodie to fall backwards revealing his face. he was quite handsome. his dark eyes glared down at her and she didn't dare to open her mouth.

"i.. i was just going home..." her voice trailed off. her breath hitched.

"you saw" he stated as he clench his fists knuckles turned white. she saw his jaw tightened which frightened her more.

"i won't.. tell anyone" she squeaked as fear starting to engulf her. the boy narrowed his eyes down at the girl in front of him.

"you better" clicking his tongue he turned his heels around and started to walk away leaving her dumbfounded. yoonhwa let out a sigh of relief. she looked around and the boy had gone from sight. shivers went up to her spine.

she decided to just run home. feeling scared on what she had witnessed. it's actually a normal thing here.

this is neo city. the capital of crime in south korea. sometimes you can hear gun shots at nights. or hear news about a car chase. or even a building that got blown up. no one can stop all of the things that happened here.

but with all the hustle in the city her brother is her only comfort since the death of their parents. jung yoonoh is a great brother and she's grateful that he's alive- still.

neo city are filled with criminals from assassins to gangs. she never really liked mafias in the first place- no she hated them. she have some traumatic past and she have a fear for the darkness and violence.

yoonhwa quickly locked the front door of her house and let out another sigh of relief. when she was about to go upstairs her chest felt like it was squeezing and it was painful. she fell down gasping as she clutch her heart area until the pain disappeared.

after what happened twelve years ago- she began to have some heart problems. her chest area would hurt so much that she may passed out. her brother wanted her to do the surgery but she would always refuse.

slowly getting up she went to her room that was beside yoonoh's. sighing she walked up to her study table where all of her medicine were. her eyes saw a paper- a note to be exact. she wrote something before she went out earlier.

there are rules around that place- where people think that it would be safer to follow the rule. it may sound ridiculous but if people want to live they follow the rules that innocent people set in neo city.

rule number one, don't go out walking alone in the dark after midnight. it's like suicide because that's when most criminal activities took place. unless you really wanted to kill yourself.

rule number two, don't meddle into other people's business. even if someone was dying, never- never help. you will just get yourself into trouble which is something that you don't want to happen.

rule number three, do not go around corners especially the small and dark ones.

last rule, do not be curious. mind your own business. in this kind of place, curiosity kills the cat.

a deep sigh escaped her lips. she held the paper and crumple it before throwing it inside the small trash bin beside her table.

 she held the paper and crumple it before throwing it inside the small trash bin beside her table