Chapter Twenty Seven

And I thought I had brought a lot of luggage when we went out to visit Maddox's parent's estate.

We were visiting the Southern Continent for two weeks, and that was easily reflected through the sheer amount of luggage sitting on my floor. Most of Maddox's luggage had already been taken down, boxes and suitcases filled with documents, suits, medals and clothes that I knew could never be worn up in the Northern cold. Only two more of his boxes were left before my luggage would be taken down.

I had tried to help carry everything down, more so to speed up the process, but every box I picked up were quickly swept out of my arms by either Maddox who handed them over to someone with empty hands or one of the butlers.

I was sitting on one of the love seats that was perched near the window, Maddox sitting opposite me. And while I was staring out the window, I could feel his gaze on me the entire time.

"Have you ever been on a plane before dove?" Maddox asked, his voice breaking me out of my thoughts.

A plane? I had seen them before, soaring through the sky with almost no sound at all. It's not like they were uncommon, I would see one almost every day. though I had never bothered to think about what it may be like to be a passenger in one.

I shook my head, "I haven't, Even if I had the time to travel, it would have been a luxury too expensive to even think about."

"It's how we will be getting there. A boat would take weeks to get there, but we'll arrive in a day. It's a long flight, only twenty-one hours but it will go by quickly." Maddox explained.

That explained our casual clothing. I had learned the difference very quickly between regular casual and royal casual. Maddox was dressed in a pair of loose black slacks and a white shirt with the first few buttons undone. I was just in a knee-length dress, decorated with only a pendant that lied cooly on my collarbone.

My head turned to watch three men take two large packages out of the closet, holding it up by a clothes hanger. Whatever items they were was hidden by thick, white plastic.

"Will we be getting changed on the plane?" I inquired, turning my head back to face Maddox.

He flashed me a mischevious grin, "Unfortunately we can't meet the Southern royal family wearing on this," He gestured to our clothes.

"Remind me of the royal family? Just one more time," I asked quietly, nerves beginning to bubble in my stomach.

He showed no sign of annoyance, even though this could have easily been the sixth time I had asked. "Of course, Luna Empress Omnia Abayomi and Alpha Emperor Jupiter Abayomi. The South chose those titles eons ago to differentiate themselves from us. Their eldest son, Crown Prince Taj is mated to the Duchess Amina. They currently have no children. The crown Princesses are Catalina and Verena. Taj has just turned twenty-six, his coronation is planned for next year. Catalina is twenty-four, and Verena would be your age, around nineteen. Neither of the girls has found their mates yet."

His words were committed to memory at this point. Though the fact alone didn't make me any calmer, his voice was soothing enough to stop my worrying. At least for the moment. And while I knew their names, I didn't know their faces, nor their personalities or what type of people they were. That alone was enough to be the cause of all my worries.

"In the southern continent, they refer to the royal families as the Imperial Family. So when we arrived, we won't be introduced as the royal family, but rather the imperial family, and they will most likely be introduced to us in the same manner." Maddox added, his voice smooth. I wonder if he was anxious at all.

Probably not.

"Will the language difference be a problem?" I questioned, noticing that the lump of suitcases was now significantly less.