Chapter VI - Mind Games

╣╠

"I keep craving, craving, you don't know it but it's true

Can't get my mouth to say the words they want to say to you.

This is typical of love.

Can't wait anymore, I won't wait."

Imagination

Shawn Mendes

╣╠

Chapter VI - Mind Games

╣╠

All my focus followed her out the door when she left due to my engagement, I couldn't stand thinking of what went through his head

All my focus followed her out the door when she left due to my engagement, I couldn't stand thinking of what went through his head. But when Theo rushed to me, my entire world stopped. I left the party, left Susan and anyone else that might have needed me. Following the boy from Beruna to wherever he goes next.

"What the Tash happened?" I order for answers, Edmund speaks quietly filling me in. "We left after the announcement. We all felt that the air thickened with distrust." Edmund jabbed at me for not speaking of the engagement with him first, "We headed into town, joined in on the dancing and ended up in a tavern."

"What's wrong? Isn't it all right for even the prodigy to let loose sometimes?" Mason asked with a chuckle, not seeing the big deal.

"Get him out of here," Edmund demands, not in the mood for his poor humor. This was not the time.

Edmund turns to the people he trusts, "Ashton only had water, you guys know this, she doesn't drink. She's seen what it's done to people who abuse it. She's afraid of the worst parts of her old life coming out, afraid that all the years she spent as the White Witch's second are still deep within her. This wasn't her choice."

Peter's eyes widened, calling down to a guard at the end of the hall, "Lockdown the castle, do it quietly so we don't cause chaos. No one leaves this room unless Edmund or I personally walk out with them. Consider this an attack."

"Yes, my King." The guard agrees, setting off to relay his orders.

"Theo, can you find Susan, fill her in."

"Of course." He agrees without question, starting down the staircase back into the ballroom.

"More importantly, we need to get her out of here," Edmund orders, motioning to the blonde leaning on a pillar aimlessly. "Take her to her room and keep her safe there."

"I won't leave her side," I promise him.

"Do I get a say in this?" Ashton slurred out.

"You better not, I'll update you when I can," Edmund tells be walking back into the ballroom, completely ignoring what Ashton.