Part 44

Stumbling to Princess Charlotte's room I hold Thomas's letter in one hand and try to wipe the tears from my eyes.

Don't cry over him, it's not worth it.

I rap on the door a few times and wait as a moment of movement comes from inside the room.
Princess Charlotte opens the door with a tired smile on her face that falls once she sees me.

"Isabelle, oh my gosh are you ok?" She asked, not even waiting for an answer before pulling me into a hug.
My mascara was running, I could feel it. She held me tightly, comforting me as my sister would if she were here right now.

I blubbered into her chest, "Your brother is sending me home."

Princess Charlotte pulled me back sharply, "What on earth? He wouldn't." She seems just as surprised as I was to hear.

I cry out louder, "He did. I got the same letter the girls got when they were sent home." I passed her the crinkled letter and she scanned over it quickly.
Her eyes widened and her expression turned to angry, "What an idiot." She seemed fired up.

I sob into my hands as she complains before she gets up and pulls me out the door, slamming hers closed quickly when we reach the corridor.

"Where are we going?" I ask with a shaky voice as the princess pulls me along with her down the corridor.

"To find my brother."

"No, no, I can't see him." I protest as she pulls me down the corridor to his room, trying to dig my feet into the floor.
She just drags me along behind her until we reach her brothers room.

Charlotte lets go of me, "Fine, you wait here then. I'll talk to him."

Without hesitation Charlotte goes to the door and bursts into Thomas's room. As I stand on the other side of the wall I hear Charlotte's thunderous footsteps and loud yelling.

"What the actual hell Thomas?" She yells, followed by a loud thwack, and I assume she hit him over the head.

"Ow! What's wrong with you Charlotte?" He reacts loudly and unhappily.

"What's wrong with me? You're the fool. I cannot believe you did this to Isabelle, she is in tears because of this."

"Isabelle? Is she ok?" Thomas's voice sounds more concerned for what I would expect if he was sending me home.

"Of course not, you're sending her home." Charlotte says, her voice fired up and hostile towards her brother.

There was a pause and crumpling of paper before anyone spoke again and I felt my tears slowly falling down each of my cheeks.

"This is fake, I didn't, I haven't sent Isabelle home." Thomas concluded and I felt myself lean back against the wall to hold me up.
I hate this. Hate feeling like everyone is tricking me with their sick jokes.

I close my eyes to try and stop my tears but they keep coming, running down my cheeks like rivers.
I don't even open them when I hear Charlotte come out of the room.

"Bells." Thomas's voice has my eyes shooting open and I am comforted as he stands in front of me, "This is fake. Do you hear me? It's 100% not real." He waves the letter in front of me before dropping his hand to his side.
I notice Charlotte is standing by the door, an accomplished look across her face as she watches her brother.

I duck my head sadly, "I really thought I was going home." I whisper to myself and feel my throat go dry.
"No, Bells, it's ok, I still want you here. Of course I want you here. Oh please don't cry." Thomas takes my hands delicately and just holds them, making my skin tingle.