𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐞. 𝐨𝐬𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐝

-

-

"𝗢𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗲, 𝗮𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝟵:𝟯𝟬 𝗽𝗺, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹 𝘀𝘄𝗶𝗺𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗽𝗼𝗼𝗹. 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗮 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲. 𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗹𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝗿𝗴𝘂𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗸𝗲𝗱 𝘂𝗽 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗽𝗵𝘆, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗶𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗶𝘁. 𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗱 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗱𝗶𝗲 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆, 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗹𝗲𝗳𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗯𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵. 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗱, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗶𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆, 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗷𝘂𝗱𝗴𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗱. 𝗗𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗮𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗳𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲..."

-

DARKNESS. COMPLETE DARKNESS. SURROUNDING US ALL as we sat in rooms alone, each waiting for our turn. Being alone gave us time to think, to create conspiracies in our head about who did it, to wonder why Marina was killed- was it an accident or pure murder?

The floor vibrated beneath my feet as I bounced my leg up and down as my anxieties took over. The silence was deafening. As the clock in the room ticked every second, it was as if I was counting down to my impending doom- not that I had done anything wrong.

Heeled footsteps against tiled floor snapped me out of my thoughts, and the door to the room opened slowly. The inspector stepped inside, paperwork and file in her hands as she stared me up and down, making me even more nervous. As she pulled out the metal chair, it scraped along the floor, making a squeaking noise that made me uncomfortable to say the least. She sat down, paperwork hitting the table like a ton of bricks.

"I have to ask you some questions. Okay?" I nodded as she continued, "You haven't been at this school for long, have you?" She asked, and I shook my head. "No, only about four months. I used to attend San Esteban. You know, the school that collapsed. God, I wish I never moved." I said, mumbling the final bit under my breath.

"So when San Esteban collapsed, what happened for you to end up at Las Encinas?" The blonde woman asked, flicking her ponytail behind her as she clicked her pen, ready to take notes. "To win over the locals, the construction funded four scholarships for students to attend Las Encinas. I was one of the lucky ones." She began scribbling things down as she spoke up, "Did you have any problems with the other students?" I shook my head in response, "Not really." Although I wasn't sure my answer was completely truthful. During my time at Las Encinas, including every little scrap of drama, I probably had an argument with everyone at least once.