*- 46 - It sure wasn't my worst kiss

I hadn't slept at all. All I did was sit on my bed, watching the stars through the window. I watched the sun rise and then I waited for the others to wake up. I looked awful, with huge bags under my eyes and pale skin. I tried fixing myself up a bit, because I didn't want people asking questions. This just had to be over as soon as possible.

The girls asked what had happened, because my eyes were still red and puffy from shedding quite a few tears during the night, so I quickly told them I had a fight with Fred again. I didn't want to go into detail, so I didn't. They didn't know what to say either anymore. This hadn't been the first fight and it was just the third week of school. A simple "it will be okay" wasn't going to cut it anymore. 

I turned the pendant on my necklace around in my hand, but it was dull. It didn't show the tiniest bit of light, but I couldn't blame it. It represented exactly how I felt. I couldn't get it to light up, so I just took it off. My neck felt bare and cold, but it was the best thing to do. I took a deep breath and put on a smile, walking downstairs. I'd talk to Roger and maybe, just maybe I would even confront Aisley. 

I also realised last night that I still hadn't told Fred about what Aisley had said to me last night. It was stupid of me not to tell him, because I knew he'd take it seriously, but in the overwhelming rage I had felt last night, I just forgot. I had a full day of classes first, but I promised myself to get it over with right after class.

I looked up as the boys descended down the stairs. Lee and George were laughing about something, but my eyes only met Fred's dull ones. It seemed like he hadn't slept much either. He smiled softly, but it didn't reach his eyes. There were no real emotions in his eyes at all, which was a rare sight.

"Morning", he said as he reached us. The rest stood up to go to breakfast, but I grabbed his hand and held him back for a bit.

"Can we meet up after class? I just want to tell you something. I promise it's not more fighting", I said. The corners of his mouth dropped a little lower at the mention of our current relationship status, which could simply be described as fighting. He nodded, taking my hand in his. 

"Yeah, of course", he said as we caught up with the others.

FRED'S POV

I hadn't slept at all. Last night's conversation had gone so terribly and what for? Where had it gotten us? Only in a much deeper mess. I just didn't understand why she was so resistent to even considering the fact that Roger might be into her. She thought it was unreasonable of me to believe Aisley, even though I couldn't imagine that girl completely making it up out of nowhere.

And why didn't she trust me with Aisley, but she did expect me to trust her around Roger? It just didn't make sense to me and we had to talk it out properly.

I didn't handle it very well, though. I shouldn't have brought up Michael, I knew that that was a touchy subject. I just wanted her to know why I was so upset about this Roger situation. I did it to protect her. 

I would apologize for that and for yelling at her later today. However, I couldn't apologize for how I felt. If I would do that, it wouldn't be completely genuine and thing would go back to the way they were, which was tense and shifty. I didn't want to go back to that. Some things had to change majorly, but I wasn't quite sure how to do that. 

But as soon as I saw her that morning, a smile on her face that didn't reach her eyes, all I wanted to do was hold her and tell her that none of it mattered, that only she mattered. I didn't know what to do. 

"Can we meet up after class?" she asked as I reached her. Her voice was a little hoarse and I knew that she had been crying. I shouldn't be the cause of her tears.