Chapter 31 - His Story (Part 2)

A/N: WARNING: This next part can be very triggering as it involves rape, homophobic slurs, mental illness and physical abuse. People who are sensitive to these topics are advised to read with caution. 

(PS: double update, who is she? In all honesty this was very hard for me to write and I know it must be hard to read, so if you guys ever need somebody to talk to, I'm here for you, truly. I love and respect all of you. Best - Hanna xx)

-

"Yeah... but thats not the end of that story... unfortunately" I said and that he was shocked, horrified and worried doesn't even begin to describe Romeos expression.

"There is more?" he asked, frowning.

"Yeah... there is"

"Because it all got worse when I got better, ironically. I managed to keep that dark thought of what might have happened that night in the back of my head, locked up from the rest of the world, even myself and I was beginning to feel better. Nothing happened that night, was what I told myself and suddenly, I believed it. I still didn't want to face Ray, I knew that much, but I started to join the dinner table again and even went outside. I really wanted to go back to training, but Ray was on the team and I didn't want to see him so soon again. 

But one morning, when I opened our football group chat, I saw that Ray had announced that he was sick and couldn't make it to practice or school. That decided it for me. I could finally go back to school and afterwards to practice again. At first, I was anxious and didn't know if I should believe him, but when I got to school, there was no sign of Ray. And why should he lie? He was a good guy, right? 

School went great, I got back in the game pretty fast and my grades would probably not have any damage from my one week "vacation". My friends were still my friends and I was basically back to normal. At practice, I was still the great quarterback my team knew and loved and we had a good training session with our coach that day. It was like nothing had ever happened. I was almost happy, you could say and everything was basically back to normal again. But then practice ended and we were all changing in the locker room. 

I didn't rush, since I was the one who was supposed to close up after us. Our coach was pretty old and he trusted me, so he gave me the responsibility of the key to the locker room, gym and even his office. I never used it for anything else than to actually close up, even though the guys often came up with immature prank ideas, as it was a known fact, I was the one closing up. Cody didn't go to practice that day, because of a math test he had coming up, otherwise he would have waited with me. 

The guys said their goodbyes and I began my route to close up. First the coaches office, then I closed the gym and finally, I went to grab my bag and close the locker room behind me. But I didn't come that far. When I entered the room and went to grab my stuff, the sound of somebody shutting a locker behind me startled me. When I turned around, I saw the one person I didn't want to see, ever again. Ray."

A/N For better experience I will use a flashback. This will make the whole scene more intense, so I advise for you to read with caution. 

*Flashback*

"R-Ray" I said, my voice sounding weaker and more afraid than I actually was. What the hell was he doing here? He didn't attend practice today or school, so why the heck was he waiting for me? Did he forget something the other day? I did not have a good feeling about this situation, especially.. after the party. No, nothing happened that night, it is all in your mind, you guys are good. Stop acting like a little bitch! Ray wore his usual charming smile. God damn that smile made me mad for some fucking reason. It just seemed weird. And for some reason, that made me even more nervous.