your baby wakes you up in the middle of the night - part two (requested)

The sound of your daughter's cries woke you up once again at 6 am. You looked next to you to find Hailee sound asleep so you decided to get her this time around.

You tiptoed out of the room and down to her room. You saw her face all red and scrunched up as she cried out for you. You gently picked her up, letting her bury her little face in your neck and hold onto your shirt with her tiny fingers. "What's wrong, my princess?" You whispered softly while you rubbed her back and kissed her head.

You went downstairs and started to bounce her on your hip. You made quick work of feeding her before you sat on the couch with her in your arms. You opened the curtains a little and watched the sunrise as you stared down at grace in your arms.

"You're the most beautiful girl." You said and closed your eyes as you pressed a kiss to her forehead. She stared at you with her brown eyes that she clearly inherited from Hailee. "I'm always gonna be here for you. No matter what happens, no matter how bad things could be - I'll always love you and take good care of you." You promised, your eyes filled with tears and your heart overflowing with love for the little baby in your arms.

It all felt so surreal. To know that you're a mom now, with the love of your life. That there's a human that's gonna be depending on you both for the next 18 years to come, and even after that.

The sound of whimpers pulled you from your thoughts. You laid back on the couch and let Grace lay down on you, her little ear pressed right below your heart.

You started to sing softly, your voice barely above a whisper but it was enough to calm her. You watched her yawn before her beautiful brown eyes closed. You heard footsteps coming down the stairs but you were too busy staring at grace to look away.

Hailee crouched down on the floor in front of you. She brought her hand up to lightly brush against Grace's back. "Good morning." "Good morning." Hailee looked up at you and chuckled. "I was talking to the baby." You playfully rolled your eyes at her and Hailee laughed before leaning up to kiss your forehead. "I'm just messing with you. I was talking to you both."

She started to run her fingers through your hair. "You sleep okay?" You nodded. "How long have you been up?" You glanced at the clock on the wall. It was almost 7 am. "Almost an hour." Hailee kissed your forehead. "You could've woken me up."

You shrugged your shoulders and looked back down at Grace with a smile. "I know but I wanted some time with my girl, and you needed the extra sleep." Hailee pressed a kiss to Grace's head before running her finger over her tiny ear. She's still in awe of her and how small she is.

"Is there anything I can get you? Are you hungry or thirsty? Are you hurting?" You nodded your head. "I actually wouldn't mind some water." Hailee got up and walked to the kitchen to pour you a glass of cold water before she came back over. You carefully sat up and took a few sips before she set the water on the floor.

"Come up here and lay with us." You put your hand under her chin and pulled her in for a quick kiss. Hailee grinned and kissed your cheek. "Well, how could I say no to that?" She sat down and let you lay against her chest while you kept the baby on yours. "She's perfect." You said as you brushed your finger across her cheek.

"Yeah, we did great," Hailee said as she kissed your head. You let out a happy sigh and closed your eyes, falling asleep with both your girls close to you. "I love you both so much," Hailee said softly and kissed both your heads before she fell asleep too.