Chapter 5

Kartik and Naira reached Goenka Villa.They came out of the car and entered inside.

Suhasini was instructing the staff that she saw Kaira coming.

"Arey....you both came?", Suhasini welcomed both of them.

"How was your pagphere rasam Naira?", Swarna asked approaching Naira.

"Nice maa", Naira replied.

Naira looked for everyone else.

"Where are others? Did they go to sleep?", Naira asked.

"Manish and Akhilesh have gone for a walk after dinner. Surekha is with Mansi. Actually, Mansi is preparing for JEE exams so she has a habit of having Surekha beside her while studying, since childhood and Shubham.... he has gone to a party", Swarna updated Naira with the whereabouts of everyone.

"What! Shubham again went for a party! What's wrong with this boy?! He always stays late outside", Kartik said.

"It's okay na Kartik. Let him live his youth", Swarna told Kartik.

Kartik sighed.

"Okay....I'm going to change my clothes. Please serve me some food, I'm starving", Kartik said.

Suhasini and Swarna chuckled.

"Didn't you eat your lunch Kartik? I reminded you also! I'll bring your dinner in the bedroom only", Naira suggested.

"No need! I can serve myself", Kartik said and walked upstairs.

"But-", Naira began to say but forestalled herself from speaking.

--------------------------

Kartik is seen eating at the dining table. Naira is serving him.

"Do you want more pulao?", Naira asked him.

Kartik nodded in no.

"Eat these kachoris. They are really good", Naira forwarded the kachoris.

"I SAID NO", Kartik raised his voice. Naira was startled and scared.

"I'm- I'm sorry", Naira replied.

Kartik continued eating while Naira just watched him eating.

--------------------------

In Kaira Bedroom

Kartik came out of the bathroom after freshing up. He saw that his pillow was on the bed, instead of the recliner.

"You sleep on the bed only. I feel awkward conquering your whole bed. You won't be comfortable on the recliner. I've made a barrier of cushions between us so that - is it okay?", Naira asked nervously.

Kartik sighed and walked towards the bed. He took out his flip flops and laid down on the bed with his eyes closed. Naira sighed in relief and herself laid down on the bed, adjusting the cushions between them.

-------------------------

IN THE MIDNIGHT

Kartik and Naira were sleeping. The AC was on high speed and Naira was shivering. The blanket she had was also thin, and thus not helping her.

She rolled towards Kartik in sleep but the barrier of cushions stopped her. Just then, Kartik stretched out his arms and engulfed Naira in his sleep. Naira snuggled more into him and continued sleeping.

-------------------------

IN THE MORNING

Kartik and Naira were sleeping in the same position.