The Next Night

This morning Jack Kang called a meeting with all the loyal Dauntless and all the Candor.

He told us that Jeanine was demanding three things in return for Candor not being destroyed as Abnegation was.

The three "requirements" as Jeanine's representative, who turned out to be Max, who was one of the old Dauntless leaders, put it, are:

1) That Candor return Eric unharmed. Apparently, as we had hoped, Erudite believe that Eric is being held hostage.

2) Allow Candor to be searched so that Jeanine could extract the Divergent.

and,

3) That Kang submitted a list of names, to Erudite, of those who have not been injected with the new Simulation Serum.

Kang agreed, only thinking about the safety of his faction, and not about the potential allies that he has now lost.

We have decided to ally with the Factionless, as we need their manpower if we are to win this war.

Dauntless are about to have the meeting, so I best go.

******************************

Eric has gone back to Erudite. I'm trying to be strong, but I keep imagining what could happen if he is caught helping us.

The rest of us are back at Dauntless HQ. Our new leaders are Tobias (Both Tris and I nominated him, as I had thought.), Tori, and Harrison.

I was nominated, but when I was (By Tori, Tobi and Tris), I made a fuss and stormed out, threatening to turn myself over to Erudite. Tobi ran after me, and promised that, if I came back to the meeting, I wouldn't have to be a Leader.

After we went back, we found Tris had also been nominated, but as I had hoped, she also turned down her nomination.

Then we all grabbed our bags, and packed our stuff, before heading out.

As we were leaving Candor HQ, Jack Kang tried to stop us We forced him to choose between being trampled by the mass of Dauntless, or to move out the way. In the end, as we surged forwards, he leapt out of the way, allowing us to all run out to the train tracks. I said goodbye to Eric, while we waited for the train, and he parted, heading to Erudite HQ. When the train came soon after, we leapt on, and rode it all the way to the Dauntless roof, where some lept off the roof on to the net, while the rest of us raced down the dark staircase. Everyone picked their sleeping quarters, and I dumped my stuff with Tobi's, in our old apartment, before we all streamed to the pit, and grabbed paintball guns. Soon most of the cameras were covered, and a paintball fight broke out.

Later, someone raided the Dauntless kitchens, and made some food and cake. It wasn't bad for an impromptu meal with only store cupboard foods.

I was just leaving the cafeteria, about to head to the training room, when I bumped into Tobias.

"Cat! I was just looking for you and Tris! Is she in there?" He asked, rubbing his freshly split and bloody knuckles, and I looked at them knowing it meant he had just been through his fear landscape.

"Yeah, she's sat with the normal lot. Why?" I replied slightly confused.

"Meet us on the next due train, fifth car back." He told me, as he walked into the cafeteria. "I have a meeting I want both of you there for." He finished, looking back over his shoulder at me.

After a second, I turned, running up to the Pire, and out of the glass doors, onto the roof.

Reaching out, I touched the rails, and, feeling the train coming, backed off a few steps. As it passed, I ran forward. I found the fifth car back and, elegantly and smoothly, swung myself inside.

It wasn't long before Tobi and Tris boarded from the next Dauntless station.

As we passed the Factionless sector, I saw Evelyn and Edgar as they waited for the train to pass slightly, before running along next to it for a minute, while they found the right car.

Once they were aboard, Tobi stood up from where he and Tris had been sat, and Tris copied, as I walked over from the open door to join them.

"You wanted to meet?" Evelyn stated, questioningly.

"Yes. I want to form an alliance." Tobias replied.

"And who gave you the authority to form an alliance?" Edgar asked disbelievingly.

"He's a Dauntless Leader. He doesn't need to be given authority." Tris injected.

Edgar looked mildly impressed.

"And is she also a leader?" Evelyn smiled in a patronizing way at Tobi, refusing to talk to Tris.

"No. She and Tia are here to help me judge whether to trust you or not." Tobi replied.

"Well of course we will form an alliance with Dauntless, but we have a few conditions." Evelyn told him, her eyes latching onto me as she suddenly realised I was there.

Evelyn's conditions were:

1) The Factionless would get an equal place in the government when we usurp Jeanine;

and,

2) That they would be granted full access to Erudite's data, as apparently, 'Who can trust that they wont just do the same thing again, even when Jeanine is dead?' and that the Factionless 'need to delete it.'

I'm not sure that Evelyn is right, as some Erudite, like Cara, are not like Jeanine.

Also, as some important Abnegation information was stolen, I'm not sure whether letting Evelyn and the Factionless delete all of the data Erudite have, is a good idea.

Tobias and Evelyn finished laying out their terms and conditions of the alliance quickly, and very soo, we parted ways.

Once back at Dauntless HQ, Tris went off to the dorm she and Christina had decided to sleep in, with a few of the other Dauntless. Meanwhile, Tobi and I came back to our old apartment.

Although nothing inside has moved or changed, everything seems different. Just sitting on my bed, looking around, I feel like a stranger in a new place. I guess its because so much has changed with me, in the past week and a half.

I'm gonna go to a dorm; I cant spend the night here. There are just too many memories that linger in these rooms. I might see if there is a spare bed in Tris' dorm.

******************************

I was right. There was a spare bed. I'm so overdue needing sleep, so I'm gonna call it a night. I'm sure that tomorrow will be a busy and most probably eventful day, as we have to work out (or rather the leaders do) what Dauntless is going to do to fight back against Erudite.

Anyways... Goodnight.