Episode 67

Scarlett sees Dani standing at her locker and walks up to her with a large curious smile. "So...how did things go? Has he confessed his love for you yet?"

She closes her locker and turns to Scarlett with a sad and slightly angry expression. "You were wrong."

Her smile fades as she stands there, listening intently to Dani. "What?"

"You were wrong, Scarlett and I am so unbelievably stupid for thinking that Joe and I could ever be anything other than 'just friends'."

Scarlett's head falls to the side in sadness as she gives her a sympathetic look. She reaches out to put her hand on Dani's arm to comfort her. "Dani..."

She pulls her arm away and shakes her head, giving Scarlett a fake smile. "No, no, it's okay. I'm okay. We both just agreed to forget this whole thing. He's going to continue dating Taylor and groping her right in front of me, we're both going to forget the kiss and I'm going to get all of my feelings for him surgically removed from my heart..." She pauses and shakes her head, giving Scarlett an unsure look. "...or brain...I'm not really sure how all that works."

She gives Dani a disbelieving look. "Dans...you know it's not that easy."

She looks at Scarlett with a serious expression and shrugs. "Maybe it is. Maybe it's just that simple...maybe it has to be." She can feel her eyes filling with water and she lowers her head, hiding the tears close to escaping.

She shakes her head in bewilderment. "I'm so sorry, Dans. I just...I can't believe he doesn't feel the same. I hate seeing you like this."

She forces another on of her famous fake smiles. "I'll survive...I always do." She walks past Scarlett and begins making her way down the hall.

She turns and stares at Dani with sadness, wondering how she could have been so wrong but deep down she knew she wasn't wrong. There was no way she could have been wrong...and she was beginning to get severely pissed at Joe. Her thoughts are soon interrupted by Mia rushing up behind her and jumping in front of her with a large smile. She can't help but smile at Mia's expression and wonder how she's supposed to act when one of her friends is heartbroken and the other is smiling like a kid at Christmas time.

"Finally! I come home last night and you're already asleep so I can't tell you my good news, then I wake up this morning and you've already left for school so I can't tell you my good news, and now I've been running all around the school looking for you so I can tell you my good news!" Mia takes a breath and continues starring back at her with the brightest smile she's had in months.

Scarlett laughs at her excitement. "Wow, somebody suddenly got a boost of energy. Well, don't leave me hanging...what's the good news? And please tell me it has nothing to do with that stupid band." She rolls her eyes with a small smirk.

Mia points a finger at her with a fake look of seriousness. "Hey! They're awesome!" She shakes her head, going back to the previous subject. "And no, they have nothing to do with my good news. Logan and I..."

Scarlett's eyes widen in excitement.

"...we kind of..."

Her eyes widen more with each second that Mia delays the news.

"....kissed."

Scarlett's smile fades and her eyes shrink back to normal size as she rolls them.

Mia gives her a surprised look and throws her hands up in confusion. "What's up with you?"

"Mia, your news isn't very...surprising. I was hoping for a little more than 'we kissed'. I mean, come on, we've been waiting for like 2 months!" She smirks and begins walking down the hall.