1

Roll the dice
on tonight,
go and roll em Out.

--

She ran, pushing aside chairs and tables serving as hindrance. But they all put a hand in slowing her pace. She kept moving, panting heavily. The same scene kept popping in as she ran.

The cold realization hit her. She was running in circles. Same scene, no change.

A hand caught her.

'Oh no! This cant be happening.'

She struggled to free herself from her captor's iron grip but all went to no avail. Perspiration lined her temple as they ran down in wet beads. She struggled, but it was a futile attempt, she screamed, but the sound unheard, her pleas seem to be stuck in her throat.

Helpless, she watched in horror as her captor tore her clothes to shreds, malice and pure hate visible in his gaze.

"Please let me go." She mouthed. Already drained of energy. But all she got was a hit, hot on her face. Tears fought for a free course, but nothing was shed.

"I made you! I decide what to do with you! I own this!" Her captor bellowed angrily, tearing off every bit of clothing covering her body.

With both hands tied and legs spread, she fought for her freedom, but all was a total lost cause. At the moment, she felt the tip of the white candle graze her entrance.

"Now spread for me." Her captor ordered, yanking her legs and exposing her. She felt the cold brush of air before a painful penetration.

She screeched.

"Open this door!" A voice shouted.

The bang was loud.

-

Chimdi jerked to the wake of reality.

Another milestone, another nightmare. Her heart thudded, making its way to her stomach.

The bang came again and she groaned, the nightmare was enough to cause her a migraine, not this.

Perspiration lurked her temple, dripping down her eyelids. Her bedsheet was wet from them.

The bang came again. Bazooka was at it again.

"House girls wake up and get started for the day. No slacking this session!" The angry matron thundered, banging on every door in the hostel.

Chimdi could hear grunts from other rooms, due to the thin walls demarcating her room from theirs.

She looked across to see a knocked out Lara, totally unperturbed by the disturbance Bazooka was causing. Her mouth slightly open, the night's drool, dried on her chin.

Chimdi smiled, as she got up from her bed and knowing fully well that the girl wasn't waking anytime soon, unless she was shaken.

Jolting again when bazooka banged on the door one last time, she finally noticed the absence of her other roommate, Nene. Nene ever the early bird was up as usual. How she snuck out without a sound still remained a mystery to Chimdi.

Tying her towel and stepping out of her warm room, Chimdi was hit by the morning harmattan. The cold, bone freezing. She was about to skedaddle to the bathroom, just to bump into bazooka with her ever protruding melon-bosom and her signature nightie. A long skirt and an oversized t-shirt which was probably her husband's.

"Good morning ma." Chimdi greeted, trying to brush past the fat woman.

Who ever named her bazooka highly deserved accolades.