Benjen Stark X Lannister!Reader - Obsessed

A/N - This imagine is based on the song 'Obsessed' by Mariah Carey. Robert Baratheon is a real dick in this chapter because it helped with the story. I hope you all enjoy it.

You loved going to summer tourneys. They were always the most exciting part of your year. For one, you got to spend time in the Capital, and often returned with a new gown, or a new friend. And also, you got to spend time with Benjen Stark. You'd been crushing on him since you were both children, and every time you had seen him he had only grown more handsome. It wasn't until the last tourney's that you'd confessed your attraction to him, and it had turned out that he reciprocated those feelings. 

The only issue about being in the Capital was a friend of the Starks. Robert Baratheon was a notorious flirt, and one you had been attempting to avoid for half a decade. He had been ruled by his cock from the age he first realised what it was for, and for some reason, you'd become a conquest of his from the first moment he had met you. You had hoped that eventually he would grow bored of chasing you, but it seemed that it just made him more eager to have you.

You'd bumped into him in the halls one evening, as you were sneaking back to your chambers from Benjen's. He had this smile on his lips, the one that usually had women fawning over him, but you'd simply given him a short nod and attempted to continue on your way. His hand on your wrist had stopped that, though, pulling you to a halt at his side.

"It's impolite to go running off when a Lord wants your attention," he started, a smirk pulling at his lips.

"I'm sorry, Robert. I was about to retire to my chambers," you murmured, forcing a smile as you pulled your arm from his grip. 

"Mind if I join you?" 

The words made you want to gag, but instead you simply scoffed. "I wouldn't share my bed with you if you were the last man on earth," you grumbled, shaking your head as you turned on your heel and hurried down the hall towards your chambers. 

*Time Skip*

The next morning, you were sitting in the dining hall, chatting with Cersei, when you caught a young lord glancing in your direction and laughing. For a moment, you grew self-conscious, looking around the hall to find a few other sets of eyes fixed in your direction. 

"What's going on?" you asked your sister softly, your hand taking hers under the table. "Why is everyone looking at us?"

Cersei lifted her head from her plate, glancing around the room. "I think they're looking at you, actually," she murmured, her eyes still roaming the crowd. 

"Why?" 

"Gods, how would I know?" she grumbled, shaking her head as she returned to her breakfast with one hand still clasped in yours.

You spotted Robert the moment he entered the room, and a wave of chatter and laughter ran through the room as the crowd caught sight of him. Your brow furrowed as he passed you, glancing down with a wide smile on his lips.

It wasn't until a few minutes later, when Lyanna Stark came and sat across from you, that you got an answer to your new found fame. She gave you such a worried glance as she sat down, brows knitted together. 

"I've been telling everyone who mentions it that it can't possibly be true," she started, watching as you only grew more confused. "Oh, don't tell me it is," she added, a look of pure disgust etched into her features.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," you uttered, leaning forward so that you could keep your conversation quiet. "What's going on? Why does everybody keep looking at me?"

Lyanna's face fell as she reared back to look at you. "Oh Y/N," she murmured, shaking her head. "Robert's been going around telling everybody that you've been sharing his bed."