12

" protective "

Lana could easily tell Mando was on edge with the droid being on the ship and with Xi'an's presence

Lana could easily tell Mando was on edge with the droid being on the ship and with Xi'an's presence. He made sure he could easily glance up into the cockpit to watch the droid monkey with the ship. He'd squash that thing like a bug if it did anything that he saw as 'hurting' his ship.

"So, the package is being moved on a fortified transport ship." Mayfeld explains to the group. He pulls up a model of the ship. Mando was already slightly off about this mission but the image of the ship almost pushed him over the edge, he knew what it was.

"Now, we got a limited window to board, find our friend, get him out of there before they make their jump." Mayfeld continues.

"That's a new republic prison ship. Your man wasn't taken by a rival syndicate. He was arrested." Mando spits through his visor.

"So what?" Mayfeld says leaning over the table smirking at him.

"A job is a job." Ran speaks up.

"That's a max security transport, and we aren't looking for that kind of heat." Mando didn't realize what he had gotten Lana into. He thought she'd be able to handle her own on this mission but part of him grew nervous for her, maybe he should have listened to her.

"Well, neither are we. So just don't mess up."

Xi'an chimes in walking closer to Mando. "The god news for you is the ship is manned by droids." Lana hated watching her step closer to Mando. The closer Xi'an got the more she despised her with her taunting step and how she would flick her blades in her hands trying to intimidate Lana. "Still hate the machines, Mando?" She asks, he refuses to look at her.

The silence is broken when Zero waltz out of the Razor Crest to report his findings to Ran. "Despite recent modifications, the ship is still quite a mess. The power lines are leaking, the navigation is intermittent, and the hyperdrive is only operating at 67.3% efficiency. We have much better ships. Why are we using this one?"

"Cause the Razor Crest is off the old imperial and the New Republic grid."

Mayfeld chimes in "Yeah, and we need a ship that can get close enough to jam New Republic code. So, when we drop out of hyperspace here, if we immediately bank into this kinda altitude, we should be right in their blind spot, which will give us just enough time for your ship to scramble our signal."

Mando lifts his head from the image ahead of him, "It's not possible. Even for the Crest."

"That's why he's flyin'." Ran gestures at the droid. Not over Mando's dead body would he let a droid fly his ship.

"Mando I know you're a pretty good pilot, but we need you on the trigger. Not on the wheel."

Mando was so tense at Rans words. Lana wished she could ease his tension. "Don't worry Mandalorian." The droid speaks up. "My response time is quicker than organics. And I'm smarter, too."