Chapter 4

~Payton's POV~

I texted on my phone for a while until I noticed kids leaving. I had to go get Maddie.

FREEEEDOM! I thought, wanting to run across the room with my arms in the air screaming that.

I looked around for Maddie, but I couldn't find her. Please tell me there isn't another murderer here.

My mom had told me about 5 kids getting killed here when I begged her not to make me watch Maddie. And about one of the characters biting a child's head.

C'mon Maddie, where are you?

I looked in every room I could find. At least the security sucks, so I can pretty much do anything I want.

I walked into a room called Pirates Cove, afraid because Mom told me that's where the child got bitten.

I looked around until I heard footsteps coming from the stage. I could tell it was robotic-like footsteps.

Maddie, please don't be in here. It took every inch of will I had not to run away screaming.

"Argh, matey. Walk the plank." I heard in a robotic voice. It sounded menacing. I prayed that he was playing alone. Or at least not with Maddie.

"No. Foxy, no!" I heard from the stage. It was Maddie.

I ran and jumped on the stage. I quickly opened the curtains to find Maddie tied up next to a beat-up animatronic fox who was pointing his hook at her.

He turned his head and charged to me.

"Foxy, stop!" He suddenly stopped and looked at Maddie. "It's okay, she's my sister."

"Sorry, lassie, I didn't know."

Maddie released herself from the ropes and walked over to me.

"Maddie, what's going on? What are you doing here, and why weren't you at the party instead?"

"Ally was mean to me. She's not really my friend. And, I found this place, and Foxy. We started to play pirate."

Suddenly, it all made sense. Except for one thing.

"But he's evil. He hurt a child." I knew I should have stopped sooner.

"Foxy, is it true?"

Foxy looked down.

"Yes. I bit a child one day. There was a glitch in my system, and I accidently but her."

Suddenly feeling sympathetic, I hugged him. Maddie joined in.

"It's okay Foxy, it was a accident." Maddie said.

I let go. Not because of Foxy, but because we had to leave.

"Maddie, we have to go. Mom will be worried."

"But-"

"Don't worry. You'll see him again soon, I promise."

She gave one final hug to Foxy and walked out the door, leaving one sword behind.

I tried to grab it for her, when Foxy stopped me.

"I think she meant to leave it for me."

"Right, sorry." I made my way out when Foxy spoke again.

"Thanks for understanding me."

"No problem, Foxy. You're a lot better then people say."

I walked to the car where Maddie was waiting with Mom.

"Girls, what took you so long?"

"We just love the place."

As we drove home, Foxy's voice kept repeating in my head.

"Thanks for understanding me"