Chapter 33 (Chloe)

The plane is about to touch down when everything hits me. I'm about to go face-off against my twin brother's psychopathic ex-girlfriend, who's taken him hostage. No, I'm not terrified at all.

Keep telling yourself that, Clo.

I'm glad m friends are with me, keeping me calm, or else I would have probably passed out a really long time ago.

The last few months have been some of the most hectic of my life. Yeah, Lana, well Cara, has had it the worst, seeing as these people have literally killed her parents and taken her life fro her, but it hasn't been great for my family either. I mean, I'm glad I met Cara, she's one of my best friends, but it could have been much easier. For me. There's still the whole Sasha situation. She exists, and because of that, because of her, my family got involved in this whole mess.

How could someone ever think that it was okay to kill someone?

By the time we touch down my mind is crawling with uncomfortable thoughts about Sasha, her parents and Zach's. And everyone else who's ever killed or hired someone to kill another person. I guess if my parent's company ever goes out of business, god forbid, I could be a psychologist. According to too many people to count, I have a certain affinity for it.

The plane hitting the runway jerks me out of my own head and back to the task at hand. Snap out of it Chloe. It's time to save your idiot of a twin brother.

"Hey!" I hear as the group of us get out of the plane. I turn my head only to see Blake.

Cara immediately drops her bag and runs up to him to hug him. They've really gotten close over time. They walk back over here, and Blake gives Mia a side hug while giving a nod to both me and Talia.

"Mia, are you alright?" Blake says with a worried expression.

"Of course you caught me," Mia says. What was she talking about?

"I've known you forever. You can't hide anything from me." Blake responds with a smirk, reaching over to take her bag. She happily lets him take it.

"I may have ripped a few stitches," Mia says, looking away in shame.

"Mia! You said you weren't going to do anything stupid!" Blake says with an exasperated look on his face. "What the hell did you do?"

"Oh, nothing dumb. But now the Stevensons are in custody, so all is well. A little pain is so worth it."

"But it's not a 'little' pain, is it." He asks her, staring straight into her eyes. He put the word 'little' in air quotes.

"Well, you might have to give me some morphine and then we could all go on with our lives." With that, Mia pushed passed us and went into the car that was behind where Blake was originally standing.

How could we have not noticed that she was in pain? I see that everyone else was thinking the exact same thing.

"I asked her how she was doing. She said she was fine." Cara tells Blake. He shakes his head and starts leading us to the car.

"Don't worry Cara. You'll learn Mia's like that. Always has been. The only reason I knew something was off was that I know to look out for all the little details. When we were 12, Mia broke her arm during a training session with one of the combat instructors. We found out it was broken when she passed out from the pain almost 15 hours later. No one even knew it was broken because she didn't say anything."

"Oh." All of us say at the same time.

"Come on! Stop gossiping about me!" Mia yells as she rolls down her window.

"Yeah, yeah!" Blake says with a laugh. He climbs into the driver's seat. The rest of us get into the passenger seats. "We're just reminiscing about some of your stupid habits."