chapter eight

The group parted ways among the carnival. Morgan and Yeah-Yeah walked side by side just wandering.

"A rose for the young lovely lady" a man said approaching the two with a box full of roses that hung on his neck. He said this while gesturing to Alan to hand it over to Morgan.

"Oh no, we're not," Morgan said waving her arms around in a no sort of gesture.

"Yeah-yeah, we aren't a couple" the boy said looking up at the man who still held his hand out.

Yeah-yeah shrugged and grabbed 50 cents out of his pocket and grabbed the rose and handed over the money.

He bowed, "one fine rose for my fine lady" he said with a mideval accent. The word my made Morgan's heart flutter. A blush rose among both of their faces as the realization of what he said hit them.

Yeah-Yeah cleared his throat as she accepted the rose.

"Oh thank you my sweet prince," Morgan pronounced twirling the rose in her hand. The two stared at one another as if nothing around them existed.

Yeah-Yeah stood up straight once again still holding onto the strawberry blonde's hand. Morgan stared into Alan's bright green eyes with a smile playing on her lips.

Morgan then changed her gaze toward the ferris wheel in the middle of the carnival grounds. She nudged the boy next to her and gazed upon the ride.

His eyes followed hers and within seconds the young boy was being pulled to the ride.

Her eyes filling with with glee. His filling with panic.

Morgan was stopped abruptly by Yeah-Yeah stopping. She turned to look at him with a confused face. He became a sputtering mess.

"I-uh please-no, I can't, I don't-just no," the boy sputtered out. Morgan gave him a look of confusion. Then it hit her.

He was afraid of heights.

"Oh-OH, Yeah-Yeah we don't have to go on it, it's okay," part of her wanted to go on the ride but the other worried for the boy infront of her.  "We can go on the carousel instead."

Yeah-Yeah looked at her and then at the ride, he wanted to go on the ride for her. But the other half was scared. He gulped and looked her dead in the eye.

"I'll go on it."

———

Since the lockdown "coronacation" stuff is happening I realize I have plenty of time to update!! 🥺💘