Chapter 19

Cassidy's P.O.V.

Everyone went back to their rooms to get changed into pajamas so we could start the movie as soon as possible. We decided that it would be fun to watch it in the media room upstairs since it had a big flat-screen TV. Peter said that he wanted to surprise us with his movie choice, so I was excited to see what he had picked.

Once Warren and I had changed into some comfy pajamas, I texted the group chat to see if everyone was ready.

Cassidy: Hey guys, everyone ready?

Jean: Yup!

Scott: I'm headed there now

Peter: I'm so excited to show you guys the movie I picked out...you'll LOVE it Cassidy 😉

Cassidy: uh oh 😰

Jubilee: What are you planning Peter?

Peter: You'll find out soon enough...

Peter was starting to worry me a bit. He had most likely chosen a horror movie just to make me mad. I was going to embarrass myself big time, and in front of Warren to top it all off.

"You ready?" Warren asked

He had put on a pair of grey and black checkered sweatpants and a black tank top to go with them, while I had an oversized tie-dye t-shirt with some shorts.

"Yup" I replied and we headed out

We made our way to the media room and when I opened the door it was pitch black. I began running my hand along the wall, searching for the light switch, but I couldn't find it.

"That's weird. I texted everyone and they said they were ready" I said, furrowing my brows

Warren just shrugged as I turned on my phone flashlight. Suddenly, I started hearing whispers all through the media room which caused me to frantically look around, searching for whoever was making the noise. As I was doing so, I felt something brush past my leg.

"Warren...was that you?" I asked as a chill ran down my spine

This type of thing has never ever happened before in the media room, so I knew that something was definitely wrong. After he didn't respond, I turned around to search for him when I felt a cold hand cover my mouth. My eyes widened and I tried to scream but the sound was muffled. Finally, the hand let go of me. I dropped my phone from being startled, so the room was completely dark once again. At that point, I was freaked out and was about to run out of the media room. That is until I finally found the light switch and Peter popped up from behind the couch.

"Boo!" He yelled

I screamed in response, grabbing a pillow from the couch and instinctively throwing it at him. My eyes were wide and my hands shaking because of how scared I was.

Peter started laughing and everyone else came out from their hiding spots. Everyone laughed along with him while I crossed my arms in annoyance, finally starting to calm down.

"Yeah, haha very funny," I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at them

"Wow, I didn't know you got scared that easily," Warren chuckled as he picked my phone off the floor and handed it to me

"Let's just watch the movie already," I said, ignoring him as I plopped down on the couch "What are we watching, anyway?"

"IT" Peter replied nonchalantly

"You mean the horror movie about the clown who eats kids?" I asked, my eyes wide

"Yup," Peter said, popping the p