Are You Wearing Pyjamas?

*Knock Knock Knock*

After knocking on the door, I hear a little high pitched squeal and "Just two seconds!". Followed by, what seems to be, Rosie running around her apartment like a madwoman.

Her feet against her wood floors sound so light but it's obvious she's moving at a fast pace. I smile to myself and press my ear against the door so I can get a better idea of what she's actually doing. This, however, was a mistake because after only having my ear against the timber for 5 seconds, the door is opened from the inside and I stumble straight into the arms of my date for the night.

"Jesus!"

"No, I'm Rosie"

I pry myself out of her grip and give her the look that I give my mum when she thinks her joke is funny.

"Ha ha you are hilarious!" The sarcasm in my tone does not go unnoticed.

"And you're nosy. Listening in on what I was doing. Imagine if I had been doing something... sexual". She wiggles her eyebrows as she says the last work and gives me a smirk. I know that she's just fooling around, but the thought of her doing sexual things... let's just say my mind can wander.

She giggles "Come on in".

I step through the door and turn around to get a proper look at her. She is wearing a large red t-shirt and a pair of patterned pyjama pants, her hair up in a simple bun. She looks like she had just showered whereas I put in a fair bit of effort into my appearance tonight. Just because we were seeing each other now doesn't mean I was no longer trying to impress her.

"Are you wearing Pyjamas?"

She looks at me then looks down at the clothes that she is wearing before cracking a smile.

"Why yes, I am. It's a movie date and we're going to be sitting on the couch eating snacks. So I'm wearing pyjamas." I smile the whole time she is talking. Fuck she's cute. "Which reminds me! There is a large t-shirt and a pair of shorts on my bed. Put them on then come out here and we can start our date!"

I agree to do what she says and head off in the direction of her bedroom while she waits in the living room. Her bedroom hasn't changed. It honestly looks like nothing has been moved. Except for this time, her bed is made and there is a large navy shirt and a pair of silky pyjama shorts on the edge of her bed.

———————

"Do they fit?" I hear her voice call out from the living room as I make my way down the hallway.

I walk out into the lounge room wearing the clothes that Chae left for me. Nothing could prepare my heart for the smile that she gave me when she saw me in her clothes. They fit comfortably.

"Damn! She's cute!" Her voice echos through the apartment and her teasing tone is paired with a cheeky grin. "I wanna go on a date with her!" She cracks up at her own comment as I walk over to the couch and plant myself next to her, pulling her into my body.

"You forgot something earlier."

She stops laughing and looks at me with a confused look on her face. "What?"

I wrap my arm around her neck and pull her in for a kiss. It's not deep and sensual, but it's not light and breezy. It's a kiss that says 'I really like you'.

"You forgot to give me a kiss" the words come out softly as her cheeks have gone bright red and she's blushing into my shoulder. She's shy.

The Miss Park who was so bold by touching my thighs the first night she was in my bedroom, the Miss Park that pretended to be cramping up so she could have me holding onto her waist while she rubbed her ass on me was sitting here blushing because I used some cheesy ass excuse to kiss her. What had happened?

"I'll try to remember next time".

Looking at the tv I realised that Rosie had set up Netflix and she had selected out a movie called "Me Before You".

"Have you seen it before? I just chose it because it looks cute. Plus that actress is really good!"

I shake my head and sit myself up a little on the couch before wrapping my arm around Rosie after she hits play on the TV. Her head rests on my shoulder and her back is pressed against my front. Perfect.

And so as it turns out, Rosie is shit at picking movies for a first date because this movie was only halfway in and we had both cried at least twice. This was not how I was picturing the movie to go, but with Rosie's head in my lap and me gently running my hands through her hair while we watched the movie, I wouldn't change a thing. Every now and then I scratch her scalp gently and she shuts her eyes softly and lets out a little sound of pleasure. At least now I know that she loves getting her head massaged.

"I didn't think that the movie would be this sad". Tears well up in her eyes and she is crying once again as the girl in the movie cries. "I thought it would be sweet and romantic, but it's just serving me my heart on a freaking platter".

She reaches out and turns the movie off, to be honest though, I haven't really been paying attention. Her head in my lap, and the little noises she makes while I rub her scalp took up every little part of my mind.

"You can see in the picture that he is in a wheelchair. You didn't think it would be sad?"

She reaches behind her for a pillow before smacking me with a blue one in my chest. "Shut up". Her laughter rings through the room like a sweet tune. I watch her as she sits back onto the couch, pulling me in close until I'm perched up onto her lap. "Is it okay for me to touch you like this?"

I nod. It was relieving to find it made so blatantly obvious that her love language was physical touch, as was mine. It worked well because it was only so early into whatever it was that we were doing and we were already comfortable with the levels of closeness.

"I had fun tonight. I think our first date was pretty successful". Soft lips touch mine and I'm kissing her again. I don't think I'll ever get tired of kissing her.

"When do you think you'll be free to do it again?" I shift my weight so I'm sitting in between her legs rather than on top of them.

She thinks for a moment. "I'll have to get back to you on that one. But, I have work tomorrow and you have school... so I think I should probably drop you home now?"

I groan at what she says and pull her into my chest. "Five more minutes."