FLICKER

a romantic horror

/ˈflikər/
verb.
"a slight and quick expression of light."

seven lost planets melting into stars of hellfire, how could a tragedy not bloom.

JIMIN had never been one to be afraid of the dark.

Of course, the petrifying gazes of dolls frightened him, or the maniac grins of clowns haunted him in his sleep, but he has never once caved into the phobia of darkness.

Its a strange thing, to be able to control your own imagination. But Jimin was able to master the impossible.

He has always thought he was special in that way.

At least, that's what he used to think.

Instead of the warm feelings of security he was feeling moments ago, it vanished into a sinister frost.

Cold breaths panted down his neck, kissing his tender skin with ice cold air. Shards of glaze stabbed his torso, beads of sweat oozing out of the wounds. The silence engulfing the room was eerie, the tension in the air pressing on his chest as if preventing him from breathing.

Quiet, it was too quiet.

Jimin quickly cocked his head to his right, and he swore he heard whispers crooning into his ears seductively.

What the hell is going on?

"Hey, who the hell turned off the lights?" A loud, but shaky voice demanded. It was coming from the corner of the room, but Jimin couldn't make out who said it.

The voice seemed almost...unfamiliar.

"This isn't some fucking joke." The same voice roared, louder and more aggressively this time.

Jimin's head was spinning, arms and legs wobbling like noodles. His stomach was bubbling up and he resisted the urge to hunch over and retch.

It may have lasted only a couple seconds, but for him, it felt like hours.

"It wasn't me, I swear Namjoon." To the blonde's relief, a familiar voice answered the former male.

That was Namjoon? It didn't sound like him at all.

"Well it was fucking one of you." Someone else growled, sounding obviously annoyed but stumbled on his words as he spoke.

They were all scared.

"I swear to god, once I get my gun back I'm killing you all." The same person warned.

"Taehyung, shut the fuck up; you're not making this any better."

Taehyung? That was definitely not Taehyung's voice.

Jimin would know, he spent hours watching him talk to himself in his cell.

After that, the eerie silence poured into the room again. Palms sweaty, he dried them on his uniform pants, fingers sticking together at the friction. He doesn't remember the last time he had ever sweat that hard before.

"Guys, it's alright." A new voice, one Jimin had never heard before, tauntingly chuckled.

Footsteps approached him, the whispers in his ear getting noisier by each thud.

Thump, thump.

A shoulder shoved into his, but it felt like a bar of metal. Jimin felt like his bones broke at the small gesture, so minimal but so strong.

Who was this guy?

Jimin's always been the strongest, the bravest, and was always there for other people. So when he clutched his shoulder in pain, he hung his face in shame at how quickly someone else put him in his place.

Thump, thump.

It felt like it was just him, alone, in that room. A blindfold tightened around his eyes and dumped into the river styx. He was drowning, sinking into that sea of darkness, with the sharks of sins surrounding him. There was no light, no hope, no escape.

They were eating away at his limbs, but his bright crimson blood could not be seen in that pool of ebony. No one was there to help him out, no one was ever there.

Jimin was all alone in the dark, and this time he was scared.

His chest heaved up and down and he choked on greedy breaths, swallowing them as his head sunk deeper into the water. A monotone sound rung in his ears, and he felt as if he was about to die. Maybe he was dying, his body and brain too numb to feel anything.

All of a sudden, it went quiet. The gurgling of water from Jimin's throat dispersed, and the vicious sharks vanished. He wasn't in water anymore, and felt the dirt floor underneath his feet. There was no sound, just a ringing in his ears.

The thumping of feet ceased.

A gunshot echoed around the room, and just like that, the lights flickered back on.

ahhh guess who's back imma regret publishing this bc i never update KSJJS

i was lowkey hella hyped to publish this book and this chapter felt rly fast paced and weird tbh,, but im tryna get better at writing this stuff like steven king does or sum.

ok lov u all bye 💖

— ivee

(ps: tysm to cat & chloe even tho they told me not to cred them i wanna give them love bc 🥺💝 they helped me a lot go follow them alr cowards)