21: By Her Side

~EMILY POV~

After about 20 minutes organizing all the equipment, and medicine at the medical tent, I take my phone from my pocket, to see about 10 messages from Elizebeth's, and a few from my dad. To be more accurate, my dad who's actually not my biological dad, but actually are my uncle. My life is full with drama. Thank you lord!

"Lizzie gonna kill me..." I gasp a little while reading her messages.

"What have you done this time??" Sophia asks, while letting out a little chuckles watching me checking my phone.

"Ughh.. I was supposed to call her today... She's been trying to talk to me since yesterday.. But the signal is so poor.."

"I heard that the signal at the base camp is good.."

"Who told you?" I asks.

"I know one of the member of previous medical team that been sent here..." She reply while checking the label of the medicine carefully.

"But how can I get there? Isn't the army base is on different province??" I ask while sighing a little.

"It's not that far..." A voice suddenly interrupts. I know that voice very damn well. Sophia turn her head to see Jayden, who's currently standing right in front of us.

"It's only take about 15 minutes to get to Parwan Province from Kabul.."

"Should I go?" I look at Sophia with my unsure face.

"If you're aren't planning to spend the rest of your life in Afghanistan, you better go and talk to that crazy friend of yours before she start to make a plan on how to kill you when we get back to home..." She reply, with her little smirk.

"That bad huh?" Jayden add, chuckling. I glare at him, and he reply by acting like he's zipping his mouth using his hand. Sophia let out a little chuckles watching Jayden. I just roll my eyes at them both.

"Huhh.. Then I guess, I should go.." I says, using my defeated tone.

"I could drive you there.. I need to submit some report to the base anyway.. You could join me.." Jayden say.

"Well then, now that you've already got your company to the base, I need to go and help Deborah check on some medicine on the medical tent number three over there.. Have a nice drive okay.. " Sophia says, leaving me with Jayden. I stand there in silence debating with myself.

Alone with this man in a car for 15 minutes?? Oh god. Save me. I bet my life that 15 minutes will be fully occupied by our 'arguments' segment all over again.

"Let's go.." Jayden says, and walking away towards the small army truck, not even waiting for my response. I just let out a deep sighs before I follow him from behind.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

~JAYDEN POV~

After sending Emily to the control room, where she could use the phone to contact her friend, I immediately go to see the Lt. General, along with Shawn. As much as I hated to work with this guy, I've got no choice but to obey the order.