Banksia

Banksia

🌸 Evolet 🌸

Clya wanders into the bathroom with a bowl of buttery popcorn which makes my tummy rumble with hunger. She shoves a handful of popcorn into her mouth and leans on the door frame. I apply the finishing touches of makeup before stealing some popcorn.

"Can't you bail and hang out with me? We can make waffles and eat ice cream."

I wander into the bedroom and shake my head.

"I actually really like him, more than I thought I would at this stage."

She rolls her eyes and groans.

"Can you quickly sleep with the dude so you can move on with your life?"

"Clya." I gasp.

She shoves another handful of popcorn in her mouth and shrugs her shoulders.

"Caelum isn't a rebound." I frown.

"So you're in love with the man?" She raises a slender eyebrow.

"I'm not in love with him, we've only been on a couple of dates, but I like him more than a friend and more than a rebound."

Clya sprawls across the bed with a thoughtful look.

"Are you over Adam?"

"I'm not in the mood for a lecture," I warn.

"I just mean, there's no point starting something with somebody if there's some feelings for your ex."

"Caelum and I have already discussed this, he knows how I feel about Adam."

"How does Caelum feel about the Adam situation."

"He's fine with it."

"That's good." She nods.

Clya shuffles to the end of the bed and swirls her hair into a bun.

"Are you seriously going to wear flats on this date?"

"Yeah?" I frown.

"What about those cute wedges?" She smiles.

"Isn't that a bit much, I don't even know where we're going."

"Wear the cute shoes!"

I toss the sandals back into the wardrobe and find the cute strappy wedges. Clya smiles with approval and I sigh with relief.

"What's Caelum like anyways?"

"He's charming and somehow listens to my rambling, thoughtful and very knowledgeable about plants. I don't know how but he makes me feel alive and excited. He brings out another side in me that I didn't realise I had."

"You look so happy," Clya comments.

"He's wonderful and I don't know how I just met him in a garden store."

"Sometimes we're just lucky like that."

"Do you need a key to lock up or will you be spending the night here?"

"Would it spoil your night if I stayed over?"

"No." I chuckle.

The doorbell rings and Clya leaps off the bed and races downstairs.

"Clya," I shout.

She's hanging out by the front door with a cheeky grin.

"Can't you peek out the curtains like a normal person?" I grumble.