Chapter 31

Dipper finally said goodnight to Mabel and turned off the main lights, living the small night light lamp that he had brought barely illuminate the room.

He felt exhaustion and sleepiness creep out to him and he let it be.

He closed his eyes and the vision of their black ceiling decorated with with glow in the dark stickers that Mabel had placed, disappeared.

"Heya Pinetree, had a nice nap?"

When Dipper opened his eyes again, he saw that he was lying on the ground at the forest of Gravity falls.

The tall Pinetrees were still and the forest was silent without the expected sounds of the forest creatures and wind that he was used too.

"Of course kid! This is your dream after all. It isn't the same place but if you want some musical background then i'll gladly give it to you~"

Bill that damned creature from the depths of hell just had to snap his fingers and loud screams full of pain and misery filled the air.

Dipper use his hands to cover his ears to try to block out the horrendous noises but it just wouldn't work.

Even when Dipper knew that this was just a dream, he still felt pain with his eardrums threatening to burst.

"Bill! Stop the noises!! It hurts you damned demon! Aarrgh!"

Tears were now starting to form in his eyes making his brown orbs seem glassy.

Then the screams suddenly came to a halt and then soft sounds of leaves swaying in the winds and the peaceful sound of water streaming down on a nearby creak enveloped his ears.

Dipper hesitantly took away his hands from his ears and looked around too see that everything was still the same thankfully.

"I'm hurt that you don't like my taste in music Pinetree~ screaming voices of pure Pain and horror is a classic you know?"

Getting a look at Bill, he saw that the being of pure energy was actually looking confused and...............a little nervous?

Bill was holding unto his black cane but Dipper notices that the Demon was fiddling with the handle of his cane.

Bill looked as arrogant and evil as ever but the motion being made by his right hand doesn't say the same.

After all he himself had a similar nervous tick.

As he was about to ask about the matter Bill butted in with a topic that immediately captured the brunette's attention.

"Now then kid, forget about the music earlier and let's go with a topic of greater importance! Tomorrow your Professor in the pitiful subject they call Dark Arts is going to allow you new students to finally try casting some spells. Aren't you happy!"

Dipper's eyes went wide and shock and excitement filled him.

Chocolate brown eyes were filled with surprise and Dipper's whole face practically lit up.

Bill chuckled at the sight in and oddly warm and gentle tone, completely opposite of the demon's usual demeanor. Too bad Dipper wasn't able to hear it because he was too busy having a mind storm of ideas for tomorrow.

Bill twirled his cane and took a peek inside his beloved's mind too see the scenarios that Dipper was thinking of.

'As expected of Pinetree, all logical and curious about trying out the powers and gifts of the universe. It's eerily like sixer that damned meatsack that should be chopped up in a trillion pieces and fed to the eye bats ha! But too bad that I need to forgive and forget, considering my plans in the future'

Bill thought in disappointment before snapping his dear sapling out of his daze. Oh is Pinetree going to love this.

"That's why I will personally teach you right now the basic for things to go smoothly tomorrow~ You can even help your sister out tomorrow"

Dipper snapped his bead toward the Bill's direction with disbelief and wariness in his face.

".....teach me?"

Bill proudly beemed and curved his eyes into a smile. He floated closer to Pinetree and swung his hand around Dipper's shoulder much to the boy's annoyance.

"Yes! I, Bill Cipher, the Being of pure energy and the all powerful omniscient Dream demon is willing to teach you about magic kid! Be glad that I will bestow my infinite knowledge to you"

Normally, if Bill gives this change to anyone (there was no way in the deepest darkest pit of hell that was happening, unless it was a trick to take that person's soul away), they would immediately kneel to him in reverence and swear their lives towards him in gratitude. But of course he wasn't expecting that from Pinetree. And boy was he not disappointed.

Dipper ducked to escape Bill's arm that was around his shoulder and moved away from Bill with great apprehension.

The brunette's eyes were serious and full of suspicion as he scrutinized Bill.

Dipper knew that getting magic lessons from an expert was to good to be true, much less from Bill Cipher.

So there is definitely a catch to this promise and the catches that are usually associated with Bill more or less ends up with the other party's soul being taken as a price.

"Bill i'm not going to fall for one of your tricks again. I am not going to make any deals with you"

Dipper warned the demon as he turned around to walk away from Bill.

"Hey, no tricks this time Pinetree! I'm being genuine here"

Bill teleported himself in front of  Dipper and tried to prove to him that he wasn't going to make a deal.

After a few exaggerated reasoning from Bill, Dipper looked at the dream demon and raised and eyebrow.

"And If, that's a large if, you are truly going to teach me. Then what are you going to get out of this. There won't be any benefits for you of you did this for me Bill"

Dipper's eyes were wary and sharp with his mind much sharper when serious. He had learned his lesson at Gravity falls and he wasn't going to repeat the same mistakes.

"Why Pinetree, there's a lot I could benefit with this. For starters, my deal with you is to protect you and Shooting star. And by teaching you magic, you could protect yourself and your sister much easier. Is that enough of a REASON for you kid"

Bill's reason was actually logical and not insane for once. It was much of a shock to Dipper that he was speechless.

Bill reason was legitimate but Dipper couldn't shrugged off the feeling that there was something wrong with this situation.

"So are you willing or not Pinetree?~"

In the end curiosity won over and Dipper agreed.

Within Bill's mind he had a very wide smile that beats the Cheshire cat.

'Oh Pinetree, your curiosity is going to be the death of you. But you don't need worry, you only need to be by my side and everything will be alright. Even if the cost is destroying this world and twisting it into madness, I'll do anything to make sure your safe'