Chapter 8

It's been a week, and I was finally returning back home. I had told Arjun that he doesn't need to pick me up because I could manage coming back by myself easily yet he wanted to come and pick me up. Not that I mind it.

The whole week, I either did some of the presentation work that boss had given me or I did some work related to my business. I have been running a business for 6 years now. I had failed one of my business and right now I'm pretty successful.

Nobody in my family knows about my business. To my employees also, I've told them not to tell anyone because things could get awkward. My employees are mostly women,  these women are either single mothers, rape victims, acid attack victims, or are striving to live. I have men working too. They're like the closest friends of mine too.

The drive from my place to his was long again.

"You've not worn sindoor", he noted as he stared at my hair.

"You weren't there to put it", I said cringing at how cheesy it sounded. After that we initiated small talks before I slowly slept.

I was awoken when I heard s screeching. Definitely a girl. I jolted awake and looked around to see that the car was just parked. I got out from the car and was walking with Arjun when a girl came and flung her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! It's been long and look at you", the screechy voice said. He looked at me before trying to remove her hands from his neck and dropping them, causing her to pout. When I looked at her clearly, I found out that she was the epitome of beauty. Long slender legs, a curvy body and beautiful face with make-up. If only she reduced the amount of makeup on her face, would she look even more beautiful? I felt a pang in my chest.

"Tanvi, meet Aradhya, my---"

"His girlfriend", she completed his sentence, while beaming. I raised my eyebrows while looking at him.

"Who are you?", she asked me.

"I'm... I'm not someone you should care about", I said while looking at him in the eyes before turning around and going into the house ignoring his calls.

"Tanvi! Goddammit just listen to me!" he said while following behind me.

"Arjun! Can we go out please?" she whined and asked him.

"I-I'll come back Aradhya", he said while stuttering a little. Just as I entered our room, I was spun around and he looked at me.

"what the hell is you problem?" he asked me making my eyes go wide as saucers.

"What's my problem? You ask! My problem is nothing! I was just giving to time to have a sweet reunion with you oh so beautiful girlfriend!", I said before turning around and going to sit on the bed.

"She's not my girlfriend! She was---"

"So you dated when I left London?", I said, my eyes glistening with tears.

"No, that's not what I meant! And so what if I had a girlfriend? It doesn't mean you didn't have a boyfriend or any love interest!" he almost shouted. I flinched as his voice rose.

"I-I did---", he cut me out before I could even finish my sentence. I never had any guy in my life except him. He was the only one.

"And, I wasn't the one who left me with the sorry excuse you call a goodbye note!" he yelled making me cringe. A tear fell down from my eyes and found its way down my cheek as he spoke those word.

"And then you have the guts to tell me that you didn't love me and so you left me! Then why the hell did you even accept the marriage proposal?" his words pierced my heart. He gave me one last look before storming out of the room and slammed the door hard. I shakily got up from the bed and went to the washroom in order to wash my face and change into much comfortable clothes. I hadn't even brought my bag upstairs. I sighed heavily and swallowed the lump in my throat before walking out of the room and slowly walking over to the living room and taking the bag.

I noticed that she wasn't there too. So the only conclusion I came to was that they had gone out. I gritted my teeth as I thought about what they could be doing. I heard soft thumping on the floor and then small arms made their way around my waist and I turned around to find it was my niece. So that's what I did the rest of the day. Play around with her because Sonia was resting. We played house, we sung and we danced. In the end we were lying on my bed as she laid on top of me as I held her securely. I caressed her hair as she slowly drifted into sleep. Her breathing evened out and then she was in her dream world. Being a kid is the best. We can do what we want and still not be judged.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Home sweet home!", Sonia said before rushing into our house. We were finally back from our hometown. It's been two days since we fought. He hasn't even spoken to me. I don't care. Aradhya still doesn't know who I actually am. She thinks of me as the high class maid. I don't know if he's told her or not. Again, I don't care.

It was around 8:30 in the night when we reached here. We all are dinner at a restaurant where Aradhya won't stop touching him. It was getting on my nerves. Sonia would look at me with pity, I guess. He wouldn't even tell her to stop instead he would joke with her and be comfortable with her.

After I changed into comfortable clothes, I took the pillow and moved towards the couch and lied down on that. All this while over there, he was sleeping in some other room or the living room I guess. And I couldn't sleep on a huge bed all alone so I've been sleeping on the couch. I heard the bedroom door open. I quickly became aware of the fact that he was in the room. There were some rose petals on this bed to because it will be our first night in this house, in this room. I wanted to laugh at that sight.

"Anvi," he called out for me before continuing,"I'm going for a business trip for two weeks"

I sighed and nodded while looking at the window. I heard him sigh out loud before I heard the door open and close.

Great! So now he's leaving for two weeks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi guys!

I'm sorry I couldn't update yesterday.

I don't think I'll be regular until the next week because I have to attend my first cousins wedding and we have a lot of work to do.

Gosh! I hate wedding season.

I'd like to thank jennasunflower for commenting on my book.

I'll also like to thank Suvarnalatha for voting.

One more thing! I reached over 200 views and I'm so happy and thankful to you guys. ❤️😘

Anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter.

Love,D❤️

Love,
D❤️