"That's not my Y/N" *part 4* (Peter Parker)

Peter stood in Tony's robotics lab, watching the TV screen that showed the live feed of the room that Y/N was in. He gulped, tears pricking his eyes as he studied the image of her asleep in the hospital bed, IV bags connected to her through tubes, a heart monitor next to her beeping and her handcuffed to the bed with Tony's electric handcuffs. He couldn't bear the thought that the Y/N that he knew and loved was potentially gone. He could hardly believe that she had tried to kill him. Though he was well aware that that wasn't her.

"Alright, I have results." Bruce announced as he walked into the robotics lab. Peter sighed, tearing his eyes away from the screen and joining the others around Tony's electronic table.

"So, when I tested her blood, there were readings for a specific drug that were off the charts. The drug is called oxymotin and it's basically a mind-control serum." He sighed. Peter's eyes widened.

"Are you saying that she tried to kill me because she's hypnotised?" he scoffed.

"Pretty much. Which also means you can't go near her until we figure out how to get the drug out of her system." Bruce nodded.

"What? No, no way, she's my girlfriend and she needs me, I can't just stay away from her." He choked.

"You have to, kid. As far as we can tell, she's only being controlled to kill you. I'm not going to let her kill you just because you wouldn't take no for an answer, and I know that if she kills you and then comes out of this state, she will never forgive herself." Tony shook his head.

"And what if I'm the only thing that can pull her out of this?" Peter snapped.

"Wow, cocky much?" Natasha scoffed.

"Actually, I think he has a point, maybe seeing someone that she's close to will help her come back." Steve responded.

"One of us could try that then, we're like family to her." Tony shrugged.

"Well I'm the only one that she's in love with, aren't I?" Peter spat.

"Peter, listen to me." Tony demanded. Peter clenched his jaw and looked up at him.

"I know that you love Y/N, and I know that you want to be there for her right now, but the Y/N in that room is not the Y/N that we know, okay? She tried to kill you, our Y/N wouldn't do that." He shook his head.

"What are you trying to say, Mr Stark?" Peter asked through gritted teeth.

"I'm saying that I don't want you anywhere near her unless someone else is in the room with you. Even if she's unconscious, and or handcuffed, I don't doubt that she's strong enough to break out of the restraints. Am I understood?" he asked. Peter clenched his jaw and looked anywhere but his mentor's face.

"Peter-."

"Yes, Mr Stark. You're understood." He nodded. Tony returned it, staring the boy down as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm done with this. Once you guys have decided that Y/N seeing me is the way to bring her out of this, give me a call. Until then, I'll be at May's." he declared before starting to storm out of the room.

"You don't live with her anymore, you live here, Pete!" Tony yelled after him.

"Not when you assholes won't listen to me!" he shouted back before storming out. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose as he felt a mix of anger and pride, anger because he had just called his mentor an asshole and because he wouldn't let him see Y/N, but also pride because he had just called his mentor an asshole. Lost in his thoughts, Peter didn't realise where his feet were taking him until he snapped back. His eyes widened slightly as he stared into Y/N's hospital room, the wall of glass allowing him to see her from a safe distance. He stared at her gently. Even after two years together, Peter still thought that she was the most breath-taking girl that he'd ever laid eyes on. He still remembered when Tony had first recruited her. He had practically fallen in love with her instantly, despite the confident and powerful girl being the complete opposite to the nervous boy that Peter was. As soon as he had realised that he was in love with her, he had vowed to himself that he would do anything to protect her. Which was exactly why he was resisting entering the room. He wanted nothing more than to go in there and help her out of whatever the hell she was trapped in, but he knew that Tony was right. He knew that if she killed him whilst trapped, she would come to and never forgive herself. And as much as he hated it, stopping her from killing him would protect her. Peter sighed, looking down and walking away from the room, wanting nothing more than to go home and have some time with May.