Chapter 25

I'm back! Sorry I'm so late! I slept until 5pm today so that should tell you just how insane everything has been lately. 

Most of you wanted to see the scene with Jace and Michael training, so I did end up writing it. It's the very first scene for you guys!

Anyway, happy 2020! In celebration, here is a new chapter with a lot going on in it. Hope you enjoy. 😃

The fantastic typography below was created by the lovely and talented @sereneur. As usual, they did a fantastic job, but this time they deserve extra kuddos because I was really picky and didn't make up my mind/figure out what I wanted until they'd already created a version of it for me. So thank you for putting up with me! You're the best!!!

 So thank you for putting up with me! You're the best!!!

Celeste was sound asleep on a couch in the back room, but Jace was training with his father, trying to get his strength back after his near death experience

"Something's wrong." Michael noted, as Jace continued to aim punches at the pads he held. "Us Shadowhunters mend quickly, but after all my time in prison, I shouldn't be able to get a shot in on you."

Just as he mentioned getting a shot in, he nailed Jace in the side.

"You're still weak." He concluded.

Jace ran a hand through his hair. "It's my bond with Alec Lightwood." He gestured to the parabatai rune sitting above his right hip. "He purposefully weakened it trying to find me. And Clary and Celeste." He got back into a fighting position.

Michael held the pads up again for Jace to hit, but he was pondering his words. "Clary and Celeste."

"What do you mean 'Clary and Celeste?'" Jace asked, stopping again.

"You were with Clary and Celeste instead of Alec. If he was so desperate he weakened the bond to find you, you were hiding from him. How does that happen?"

"Clary has the Mortal Cup. The Clave wants it. Alec sided with the Clave. We can't trust the Clave." Jace spelled the situation out for him as he walked from their makeshift training room to grab a bottle of water.