CHAPTER 4

CHAPTER 4

No doubt she was Sarah, Aviraj's cousin.

She was a sight to sore eyes; for a moment Chris stood paralysed. His breath hitched the moment he took in her features; she had the most stunning face he had ever seen. She looked like as if she just came out of a fairy tale. Her eyes –blue-green– were hypnotising, and he was drawn to her. In that moment he felt as if he got something; something long lost. His heart was in frenzy with his rapid heartbeat.

However, she looked familiar, but he would have remembered her. Still something about her bothered him; he just couldn't pin point what this feeling was. 

"She is beautiful, right?" Crystal nudged him little and whispered.

Crystal's voice brought him back to reality and for the first time in his life Chris realised how instantly he was attracted to any girl. This thought alone terrified him to the core, and at the same time, it excited him.

He shook his head as he was in no position to feel anything for another girl; his heart belonged to only one girl, and thinking about any other girl seemed like betrayal to his mystery girl.

"You're gonna beg her," Crystal smiled at him.

"That day will never come," he glared at her, and pushed her further inside the office. He made her sit on the sofa, "this is your place, and you're not allowed to stand up and speak until I say so."

Crystal went to argue but he cut her off with the wave of his hand, "young lady, you're in no position to negotiate because I'm your boss, and these are my orders. If you go against me, you will be fired immediately," he said the last part aloud as he turned around to the remaining two ladies in his office. He took confident strides to his chair while his eyes were fixated on Sarah.

"Chris, I've got my girl," Ashlyn said in happy girl voice as she smiled at Sarah.

"That is very nice of you, but you haven't seen my resume or any of my designs. How could you hire me without looking at my file?" Sarah frowned  a little bit.

"Wait, designs? No, no... I think you're mistaken. Actually, we are hiring a model for our new brand Regal, and I think you're the best for the job. Moreover, I did ask you questions about modelling, and I'm impressed with your answers," Ashlyn replied her.

"Well, while discussing that why you are hiring, and why you're interviewing, I believe you should sit down because looking at both of you standing is giving me neck strain," Chris spoke before any of them could reply.

Both Ashlyn and Sarah turned towards him. While Ashlyn had bored look on her face, Sarah glared at him as if he offended her in some way. And her glaring didn't go unnoticed, and something clicked in his head; a memory of a fiery glare crossed his mind.

He smirked back at her, and this made Sarah little uncomfortable because she blushed a little and averted her eyes away from him. 

"You couldn't be serious about me being your model. I have no experience in modeling and I really cannot go in front of the cameras. The flashlights and paparazzi are not my favourite things. And I like my normal life. Becoming the face of the brand means saying bye-bye to normal life which I cannot do."  She said while sitting on the one of the visitor chairs.

"Please Sarah, don't say like this, fashion show is in two days, and I don't have any show stopper. Media will love to tear this company apart with their speculations, and bad publicity is bad for the new brand.

"Chris, you say something. I want Sarah as the model. She has every quality that I need in my girl."

"Leave it Ash. If she doesn't want this opportunity, it's her loss, not yours."