Paid for you (mini idea that will probably be trashed)

You look at the comic's section of the newspaper as you brought the cup of (favourite hot drink) to your lips.

"Hey Bunny! I just got this new chic dress from the mall, how do I look?"

"With your eyes, Kitty."

You snorted, "pfft, classic humour—double meaning phrases"

The soft murmur, gentle jazzy music playing in the background and sepia lighting made you feel at ease. You brought your cup to your lips again just to find that it's dry, removed of all its contents. You set it back down and made your way towards the cashier counter.

"Oh, someone already paid for your (favourite hot drink)." The cashier beamed at you. You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Who?"

"The man that was sitting on table five, he just left a while ago after paying for his cup of coffee and your drink!" You looked over to table five, an employee was tidying up after him.

"Hm. Sorry, I'm not the type to pay attention to my surroundings. Mind telling me how he looked like?" The cashier glanced upwards and tapped on her chin.

"Umm, he's tall, short blond hair, blue eyes and has a scar under his eye. He's wearing all black today... oh! I almost forgot, he told me to give you this too!" The cashier handed you a small box that fits in your palm, wrapped up nicely in (f/c) wrapping paper with a ribbon adorning the top.

"Blond hair, blue eyes, scar eye? I don't think I met him before. I'm not accepting any gifts from a stranger."

"I think he mistook me as the wrong person. Is he a regular here?" The cashier nodded. You pushed the small box back to her. She gave a confused look.

"The next time he comes 'round, tell him that I say thanks for the free (favourite hot drink) and sorry, he got the wrong person. Thanks." You flashed a smile and walked away.

The next visit to the cafe three days later. Same scene. You flip through the newspaper. This time you are having a plate of banana bread since that's the cheapest thing on the menu. Along with a cup of warm water. You came here for the newspaper and the atmosphere, not really for the food.

"Bunny! Bunny! Look what I found!"

"A... dollar? You mean you earned?"

"Not just any dollar, a lucky dollar! I found it on the way here!"

"Well, it's a lucky dollar for you, an unlucky one for the poor fool who lost it."

You chuckled a bit. "Heh, heh, poor fool." Your attention was then directed to a waiter setting down a tall glass of coke float and a plate of your favourite pastry. You raised an eyebrow.

"I didn't order this."

"The gentleman at table five requested these to be sent to this table, don't worry, he paid for this and your banana bread. This is for you." the waiter sets down the same box three days ago.

"Enjoy your meal!" The employee smiled at you, you whipped your head to table five. Nothing. Only an empty seat and a cup. You sighed and set your newspapers down. You lifted the box up and shook it, it jingles. "Sounds like many, metallic objects. Coins?"

You still do not feel comfortable opening a gift from a stranger. So you left the box alone and inspected the float and the plate of pastry. You rubbed your chin as you thought of who might that man be.

"Blond? Blue eyes? Scarred eye? Hmm... still doesn't ring a bell." You lifted your hand to grab the attention of the waiter who brought the extra items to you.