Chapter 14

Hux walked quickly though the halls to his room, anger, nervousness and shock all washed over him at once he had felt something something strong and powerful that he hadn't felt in years and quite frankly he didn't want to be around everyone at the moment.

An old voice filled the silence of the room, "Owen..."

Hux spun around finding the man he had hoped he wouldn't. He was frozen unable to speak as he stared into the old mans eyes.

The Force-ghost of Luke Skywalker stepped towards him slowly. "...it's been a long time."

"Yes so what are you doing here now?" Hux snarled.

"I just wanted to make sure that you were okay," Luke replied.

"Why after all these years, why now?" Hux snapped.

"Because I finally see the truth of what I've done. The girl, Rey, opened my eyes to the value of family and the pain that loosing a parent can cause." Luke answered, remorsefully.

"22 years, it took you 22 years to find out that it would hurt your son for not being there for him!" Hux yelled.

"I'm sorry son, after your mother died I was so bitter, I couldn't see past my own pain. But I realize now that I have failed you, I failed my sister, I failed Ben... and I failed your mother by not being there for you. I failed everyone I love Owen. Now all I can do is beg for forgiveness and ask for a second chance. It's too late with Ben, but all I can do is hope that I'm not too late to make amends with you."

"I don't want your apology and I don't wa...did you say a girl named REY showed you?" Hux asked

Luke nodded. "She was abandoned by her parents when she was young, and she still bears the pain of that. Now I fear that I have caused you the same pain that they caused her."

"You...you're dead now, it doesn't matter you can't make things right" Hux said solemnly.

"Oh... then it's too late? You... you'll never forgive me?"

"I didn't say that but...but it won't be the same you're DEAD" Hux replied.

Luke placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry son, I should have had the courage to do this sooner."