𝟏𝟏.

CHAPTER 11.| THE SIGHT OF OTHERS
Whose eyes stare back at me. I need to know.

 I need to know

___

Exiting out of hyperspace, showed indication they had reached their destination. Down in the deck sat the assassin keeping herself occupied in hopes of taking her mind off of her wanting for the child's protection.

Arsyn cleaned her blade staring back at the reflection of her eyes. The way she felt trapped in that small gesture of a moment was almost alluring, it didn't feel like it was her staring back at herself, it felt like someone else. Someone she would confide in. She just wondered who.

She closed her eyes releasing herself from the trance. And let the blade retreat back placing it beside her.

She leaned her head against the cool wall staring at the ceiling. She never imagined to be in a situation like this one, but she would only admit one thing; she'd rather have someone.

Being alone wasn't always her favorite thing in the galaxy. It was cruel and cold being alone but it was the only way the people she did surround herself with knew less is if she had less.

The Mandalorian wasn't something she would considered a warm presence, but back in Arvala -7 told her otherwise. The way he stuck up for her whenever the sand people came anywhere near her, or how he was there to pull her back on her feet whenever she hit rock bottom.

Mostly how frustrated he became whenever she disobeyed his orders. She knew those were nothing but basic gestures of what he offered. It was nothing.

She didn't know why but maybe it was because whenever she saw him it was like her past staring back at her and she didn't want to lose the last small part the galaxy had gifted to her.

The doors to the cockpit split open making her try to prepare. She hadn't realized they had landed, seeing him and the child's orb pause in front of his cot made her gaze head towards the child.

He reached out towards her sending her a wide grin. She gave him a weak smile and moved out of the cot to crouch down to its level.

"I'm sorry" she mumbled. She didn't have any better words, everything didn't feel right. She pushed her emotions back and stood up finally turning to face the Mandalorian who had been staring at her the entire time.

"I hope you know what you're doing" She states.

"When I come back, there's something I need to tell you. But I have to make sure" he replies instead remembering the hologram he received from Greef Karga. He wasn't sure but having nothing of her mentioned in his words almost alarmed him.

She didn't question him but kept an open mind. She gave a nod watching the two exit the ship leaving her alone in the silence once again.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

The Mandalorian walked down the crowed streets, the strong gust of air from the ships blowing chaotically, leaving behind the smell of its fuel.

The child observed the streets curiously. Trying to take a peek behind as they left Alpha on the ship. The further they walked into the streets the many creatures backed away from them when they marched passed. Or even the shouts of the vendors that called for attention.

Entering an alleyway where the Mandalorian would deliver the child to the client. Pounding on the metal door being greeted by the droid, the Mandalorian showing it the pass letting him have right of passage.

Two stormtroopers exited the door staring at the Mandalorian before turning their attention to the child inside the pod, and led the way to the customer.

The further they walked the more the Mandalorian thought back to his doing. He knew turning over a child was the wrong thing, but what choice did he have. Maybe if he knew more about their doings—he could come back.

Then again, he had alpha. Having no tracking on them since they had left Talia's base, it made him quite carful during this. Something about that didn't feel right.

He entered the room having the client stand up with a tracking beacon excitedly pointing it towards the child. While Dr. Pershing scanned his face making the child shrink away from the red scan.

The client turns his attention to the bounty hunter, whose eyes remained on their actions, his body relaxed to show no sign of sudden movement, unless he needed too.

"Your reputation was not unwarranted."

"How many fobs did you give out?" The Mandalorian questioned not wasting time.

"This asset was of extreme importance to me. I had to ensure its delivery." The client heads towards his desk pulling out a case unlocking it revealing a whole case of beskar in payment for whoever returned with the child.

The Mandalorian moves over picking up the metal examining it. "Such a large bounty for such a small package."

The child whines and cries as it was being pulled out of the room staring back at the Mandalorian who he had grew fond of. The hunter followed him until he was no longer in his sights.

He stared at the beskar in his hands. Almost in hesitate. He could practically hear Alphas voice telling him, if it was worth it. That there was a line that was crossed by evening having a child hunted. He knew it wasn't right, he knew.

"What are your plans for it?"

"How uncharacteristic of one of your reputation." The client points out. For everything the Mandalorian had done, he never questioned their intentions. "You have taken both commission and payment. Is it not the Code of the Guild that these events are now forgotten?" The client had reminded, almost in warning of his next words.

"That Beskar is enough to make a handsome replacement for your armor. Unfortunately, finding a Mandalorian in these trying times is more difficult than finding the steel." And with those actions the Mandalorian takes the package and leaves.

⋆ ⋆ ⋆

Authors Note: I know I'm doing slow updates but I've been feeling really tired lately but ain't nothing gonna stop me :))) enjoy this small chapter.