Ch. 5 - Party Favours

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"You're playing with fire, Jade, 
and we all know how much 
I love to burn things"

- Dominic
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 5 - Party Favours

▪️D O M I N I C▪️

Watching Aleksandr hold on to Jade longer than necessary was beginning to unnerve me. The way she pressed her body into the large Russian man was borderline inappropriate.

Sensing my growing agitation, Vincent leaned over and said, "Relax boss."

Exhaling softly, I nodded slightly, immediately regaining control of my senses. I watched as Jade and her best friend Blaire said hello to everyone else before going to sit by another table that had been reserved for the birthday girl and her closest friends. Jee-min stood near them along with a few other body guards, while Quintin sat next to Jade.

"Wow!" James said before addressing me, "You actually let her leave the house like that?"

Aleksandr commented almost immediately, "What's wrong with what she's wearing? She looks fantastic!"

"She's jail-bait," Raeni interjected.

Running a hand through his dark brown hair, Aleksandr stated, "She's not! Sure, she might look young, but Jade is perfectly legal, she's turning nineteen for fucks sake!"

I wanted to shoot the Russian's head off. The muscle in my jaw ticked before I spoke, "What did we just talk about earlier?"

"Don't let pussy interfere with business," Da'mon answered.

"Kiss ass..." Aleksandr muttered to the Haitian, while adjusting the lapels of his jacket. He then turned to Raeni and said, "I swear, some of you Caribbean people are just too strict! You should give your young adults more freedom. I feel sorry for your younger sister."

Rolling her eyes, she replied, "And some of you white people aren't strict enough! Just because your children turn eighteen doesn't mean that they can do anything that they want. Especially if they're not paying any damn bills! My younger sister is growing up just fine, thank you very much! Sex and booze will still be there when she's of age, there's no reason to rush these things. If she doesn't like the rules under my roof, she's free to leave when she turns eighteen in two years' time."

"Again, you always over-react for the simplest of things, Raeni," Aleksandr huffed as he sat back in his chair.

"She's over-reacting? Ha! Clearly, you're forgetting how you got on when James was hitting on one of your girls?" the tall, dark-skinned man interjected, his Caribbean accent thick.

Scoffing, "That situation is different Da'mon! She was one of my best call girls, and by James monopolising her, he was costing me money!" Aleksandr narrowed his eyes as he shot the Irishman a pointed stare.

"Hey! I paid you with interest!" James spoke up, defending himself.

"Only after Dominic threatened to put a bullet in your head! I swear, it wouldn't surprise me if this alliance dissolved because of something petty," Raeni said in a disgruntled tone.

"Wars have been started for less," Vincent stated, his stoic expression unchanging.

"Heh!" I laughed softly before adding, "Gangsters are petty assholes, so someone will always screw something up."

Everyone at the table grudgingly agreed, and James took the opportunity to return to the previous subject, his eyes full of mischievous intent.

"Back on the topic of younger sisters, Raeni, where's that gorgeous–" the Irishman never got to finish his sentence.