Ch. 11 - Dinner For Two

┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈
"It'll take more than your daddy 
shoving a gun down my throat 
to scare me off..."

- Cristiano
┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Chapter 11 - Dinner For Two

▪️J A D E▪️

Friday night approached quicker than I had expected.

I had not seen or spoken to Dominic since our last encounter in his office, a few days ago. Letting out a soft sigh, I shook my head and tried to push him out of my mind. With unhurried steps, I made my way towards the underground garage.

"Are you nervous about your date tonight?" Quintin asked as he walked me to the black SUV.

"Not really. I do wish that Dom would have let Cristiano pick me up though," I reflected with a slight frown.

"You know very well why that can't happen; no outsiders are allowed near the compound. Just be glad you're getting to go out at all and that he hasn't murdered the poor guy already," he said with a grin.

Rolling my eyes, I responded, "By allowing me to go, you mean having me flanked by numerous bodyguards? I'm never escorted like this when I go out with Blaire and my other friends. I'm going to dinner for crying out loud, not to war!"

"Sorry, boss' orders!" Jee-min said as he walked past and got into the front seat of the SUV.

While looking at me, Jee-min coordinated via radio with the men in the other vehicles. He glanced at his watch before pulling out his gun. After making sure that it was loaded, he holstered his weapon once more.

Simultaneously, Quintin helped me into the backseat, then leaned down to kiss my cheek, "Just try and have fun, I'll see you when you get back. Sorry that I couldn't come and stand guard as well, but the boss has got me running an errand with Vincent tonight."

My lips twitched with a slight smile as I sarcastically said, "Oh joy, a night with Mr. Serious-Face, fun times!"

"Yea..." Quinin grumbled as he closed the door.

Half an hour later, the four SUVs pulled up to an upscale French restaurant. Standing outside was Cristiano, whose face lit up as soon as I stepped out of the vehicle, forcing my lips to curl into a small smile of my own.

"Wow, you look amazing Jade!" Cristiano commented as he appreciated my sleeveless, red leather bodycon pencil dress.

I was about to thank him when the sound of screeching tires cut me off. Dominic's matte black and purple Bugatti pulled up, and the door swung open before the car could even come to a complete stop.

The mafia boss' silvery white hair shone in the bright outdoor lights of the restaurant as he hastily exited the vehicle.

The paleness of his skin stood out drastically against the purple alligator skin trench coat that he wore over his black suit. His gaze was intense as he looked over at me, slowly taking in my dress.

I did not miss the way he clenched his jaw and I visibly gulped, wondering if he would order me to go back home. I would not have put it past him to do such a thing, I was embarrassed enough as it was that he had shown up like this.

Although, a part of me was not really surprised.

"Take her inside Jee-min," Dominic commanded, "I need to have a word with young Cristiano here."

Seeing the wrath burning in his bright blue eyes, I knew that it would not be wise to disobey Dominic's orders, but my fear of what he would do to Cristiano was greater. Squaring back my shoulders, I remained where I stood.