Chapter 28 - Rage

Niccolo's POV

We exited the Chapel and just after Sierra shut the door I pulled her into my arms. I tightened my embrace around her waist with my head nestled in the crook of her neck. I lay two soft kisses on her shoulder before pulling back, keeping my arms around her.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered to her, looking at her shoulder and avoided her eyes as guilt consumed me. I treated her like shit, yet, she never left. She stayed and never ran. She saw right through my bullshit.

"Hey, you have nothing to be sorry for." She tilted her head, forcing me to meet her eyes.

"I know everything that's happening here." She gently touched my temple.

"And in here." Her hand ran down and placed itself open-palmed on my chest over my heart.

"I don't deserve you." I leaned in and captured her lips with mine.

"No, baby, you deserve so much more." She whispered, bowing her head.

She looked troubled as the words left her lips. She looked ashamed and I felt like she wanted to say more, but she quickly bounced back and grabbed my hand from behind her waist and pulled me along.

"Let's go see your mother."

We walked down the corridor towards my mother's room, however, we never made it there. Most of the family were huddled outside a room, worry spread across their faces.

"What's going on?" I stopped next to Tino.

"It's your Dad, Cugino (cousin). He asked to be left alone and Aunt Olivia showed him to one of the staff rooms where they sleep in between their shifts. He's locked the door." Tino sighed as he finished off his sentence.

I could see Elena biting down on her nail in distress. Odette was trying to console her along with Cami. Ruby was knocking on the door with Marcel, both pleading with my father to open the door. I knew what was coming. I have my father's temper. Sometimes emotions become too much. They consume too much and all we want is to numb it all. We just want it to be released.

"Aunt Ruby, Uncle Marcel, let him be," I spoke softly.

"He's going to hurt himself, Nico. I have never seen him this broken." Marcel replied to me. He was genuinely beginning to panic. I turned to Olivia, asking her for spare keys which she nodded and ran off to locate them.

"What's happening?" Sierra whispered beside me.

"My Dad, he-" I was cut off as we heard glass shattering from a glass being broken inside.

Olivia arrived with the keys. She handed them to me and I slowly tried opening up the door. We managed to push out the key on the other side of the door, allowing me access to open it with my key on this side. I pushed the door open slightly to see my father washing his hands by the basin. His face was filled with rage. A rage I hadn't seen in a long time. He kept looking down but his facial expressions told me he sensed me there. It was like something snapped within him as he punched the mirror before going on a complete rampage around the room, destroying anything and everything he could get his hands on.