Meet Dave

A lot of things broke my heart but fixed my vision.

•|•|•

"Shit! Who was that?!" one of the bodyguards said.

"It was some guy,do you think he was the one who told her to run away?" the other assumed.

"That is...it couldn't be because,how would the person know her?" The first bodyguard to speak pondered. He turned to his second. "We have to find her".

"But we still have to tell Don Okafor that his daughter ran away with some guy".

•|•|•|•|•

Dave's POV

I drove round Lekki in my motorcycle yet I wasn't satisfied. I was currently wasting gas right now but I didn't care. I wanted–no,needed to stop feeling this pain in my heart. If only it was as easy as it was to stop emotional suffering as it was for physical pain.

Yes,my heart was broken. I blame myself,I got attached too easily. She just played me,Miriam played me.

I wondered what I ever did to her that she chose me or....didn't choose me. Miriam...Miriam was my girlfriend of seven months,I had known her for a year before we started dating.

We first met at a party in which I was the chef. She loved my food so much we became friends. She had always said she wanted to marry a man who can cook.

And yet she didn't. The voice in my head reminded me. It turned out Miriam started dating me because her parents were getting her married soon. Guess when I found out,today,the wedding day itself.

I arrived at the wedding wondering why she would get married. I asked her why and she told me.

"I am really sorry Dave. You aren't a bad guy at all. It's just,my parents had planned my wedding months back. I realized if I got married,I wouldn't be able to have some fun after that so I decided to...date you".

"So you never really loved me?" I asked icily. I felt betrayed–heck! I was betrayed.

"You know you never loved me too" she shot back. "You and i had chemistry but it wasn't...".

I stared at her confused and furious at how she could be so shameless to say all those words.

"So do you love the idiot you are marrying now?".

"I uh..." Miriam looked short of words and I knew instantly she didn't feel a thing for the groom.

"Then why are you marrying him?".

"Listen Dave,Clement is a wealthy man. He has what I need to maintain my lifestyle" Miriam explained to me as if expecting me to understand. I stared at her in disgust,realizing she never truly felt anything for me. Miriam's parents were well off but they still got her married for money? They are the most selfish and greedy people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. I left the church after that in my motorcycle speechless.

I was glad Miriam decided to get married so I discovered her true colours but it still didn't change the fact that her betrayal hurt. My heart clenched tighter every time I thought about her. After that,I had talked to my friends about her who called her things I don't like addressing ladies by.

Ayo, my closest friend saw how gloomy I was since I stayed at his place all day and convinced me to go clubbing with him to blow steam off.

He was wrong. I think the only thing that could help me blow steam off was beating somebody. I was incredibly bitter that when ever someone touched me,I would snap at them. Ayo had basically forgotten my existence since he was sucking the face of another one of his victims. I shook my head and got up heading for the door but in a sea of dancing people,it was an arduous task. I was almost there when someone bumped into me and I hit someone. I snarled intending to yell at the person but he or she was gone and I turned to the person I bumped into. What I saw took my breath away,I couldn't understand why.