Chapter 87

Sidney

Fury. Ice cold fury was pumping in my veins as I took the lunge at the fool who had kidnapped and threatened my boys, my friends. It was him alone that stood between me and saving them now and I would not let him win, no matter the cost the Shaw pack had to leave here alive. I saw him brace for the attack he saw coming, raising an arm to defend his throat but standing his ground. He had done exactly what I'd wanted, taking my mock attack as real with the ferocity behind it, but that was what I'd been counting on. In mid air I pivoted ever so slightly, letting my shift ripple back over me so quickly that he couldn't react as I shot a leg out and knocked him off his feet, the impact sent him skidding in the sand a few feet backward.

 I sneered down at him ignoring the whistles from the crowd at my now naked body, he rolled to his feet as he braced for another attack and I raised a brow in challenge to his defensive stance. "I thought you were concerned about your modesty?!" He snapped on a snarl. "I'm not some fool Ian my modesty left me a long time ago, it's kind of pathetic if you actually believed that in the first place. I have to say though I was expecting a harder fight than this, are you sure YOU are the reigning champ because all I see is a poor idiot cowering in defensive posture. A real champ never underestimates their opponent, you clearly underestimate me if I've already knocked you off your feet." I laughed in his face.

 I could see the beast flicker in his eyes, no male liked being made fun of especially not one as cocky as him and in the top position for as long as he'd been. "Watch it little wolf, I'm not a beast you want to anger." He growled. "Perhaps not, but you are the beast that I want to rip apart, the first thing I think I'll do is make sure you'll never be able to have pups again." The threat was a purr from my lips, and this time he did charge me, I took his punch to my stomach and rolled in the damp sand, doing my best to ignore the origin of that dampness. The blow stung but I was pumped with enough adrenaline that it barely made any difference, the momentum he'd gave me made grabbing the knife I'd buried from another challenger all the easier. 

I pulled the blade free from the sand and threw it, he jumped back but wasn't quick enough to completely avoid the throw, the blade sliced through his inner thigh leaving a trail of blood running down his pants leg. "Oh, so close." I huffed as I stood and shook myself off a bit. "You little b****!" He snarled. "Aww do you honestly think the name calling is going to bother me, I've been doing these fights just as long if not longer than you pup." I mocked him with a sneer. "You are so going to regret that." He growled back his muscles tensing in tight coils ready to spring for me. "I've had enough of the chatter, let's get to the good part shall we?" I raised as he sprung, I dodged his attack and backed off, inviting his chase.

 Usually with an opponent like him I'd take the time to wear him down but I didn't have the time or energy for that now, I was going to have to put everything I had into this fight before my time was up. His next lunge I counteracted easily, his moves were wary, he had been watching me fight for the last hour and yet I'd still knocked him off his feet in the first five minutes. It was clear he didn't know what to expect from me and that was making him nervous, after all he'd never fought another wolf that had been enhanced in that place of horrors and neither had I, we were both in new territory this time around. 

I was a bit surprised when he stepped back to take the time in slipping out of his pants before tossing them to the sand. I snorted at the little show as the swooning in the audience intensified, he posed as if he thought he was impressive, he really wasn't, even without the fact that my main focus was ripping him to shreds. "Like what you see?" He flexed and I couldn't help snickering, until my gaze caught the now pink scar on his thigh and I paused. I had just sent the blade through his skin and already the wound was sealed shut and healing at an alarming rate, all thanks to his own healing enhancement.