5│NO SUDS, NO SAVE

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

▲ ▼ ▲ ▼ ▲ ▼

"So, Saturday night, the big night, date night, Saturday night, Sat-ur-day night!" Chandler sang as he sat down with his friends.

"No plans, huh?" Joey asked.

Chandler scoffed. "Not a one."

"Not even, say, breaking up with Janice?" Ross suggested.

"Oh, right, right," Chandler laughed, "Shut up."

"Chandler, nobody likes breaking up with someone. You just gotta do it," Monica rolled her eyes.

Chandler sighed. "No, I know, but it's just so hard, you know? I mean, you're sitting there with her, she has no idea what's happening, and then you finally get up the courage to do it, and there's the horrible awkward moment when you've handed her the note."

"I'm sorry 'the note'?" Veronica furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why do you have to break up with her?" Joey scoffed, "Be a man, just stop calling."

"Don't do that," Veronica cut in, "Unless you want to be the douche of New York."

Joey gave her a hurt look which Veronica simply smiled at.

"You know, if you want, I'll do it with you," Phoebe suggested.

"Oh, thanks, but I think she'd feel like we're gangin' up on her."

Phoebe shook her head. "No, I mean you break up with Janice and I'll break up with Tony."

"Oh, you're breaking up with Tony?" Monica frowned.

Phoebe nodded her head. "Yeah, I know, he's sweet, but it's just not fun anymore, you know? I don't know if it's me, or his hunger strike, or, I don't know."

Rachel walked over to her friends. "Does anybody want anything else?"

"Oh, yeah, last week you had a wonderful, nutty, chocolatey kind of a cakey-pie thing," Ross began to explain

Rachel gave him a bored look as she tapped her pen against her notepad impatiently.

"Nothing, just, just, I'm fine," Ross rolled his eyes.

"What's the matter? Why so scrunchy?" Phoebe asked Rachel.

"It's my father," Rachel sighed, "He wants to give me a Mercedes convertible."

"That guy, he burns me up," Ross huffed.

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Yeah, well, it's a Mercedes if I move back home. Oh, it was horrible. He called me young lady."

"Oh, I got that talk last week," Veronica raised her hand up.

"Oh, I hate when my father calls me that," Chandler joked.