-23-

CHAPTER 23 | ENVY

Tasha's P.O.V.

I could smell the strong scent of alcohol as I made my way to the backyard of where the gathering was being held. Smoke from cigarettes along with another smokable substance lace the air.

There were about sixty or more teens at this gathering already. I glance behind me, and people were still arriving and making their way to the back of the large house.

Bluetooth speakers were placed throughout the backyard, playing pop music that I listen to on the regular. It was different from the foreign pop music that Pyro and Ylva listen to day in and day out.

After scanning the backyard for what I was hoping this party would have, and luckily it did. I made way over to the long table that held the beverages, both alcoholic and nonalcoholic. Towers of different sized plastic cups lined one side of the table while the other half was lined with dozens of bottles of alcohol, sodas, and juices.

"Let's see what we go here," I whispered to myself as I checked the bottles for something I would like to drink.

Under normal circumstances, alcohol doesn't intoxicate werewolves like it does humans. Unless mixed with certain herbs, alcohol would be like drinking bitter juice.

In a matter of seconds, I was mixing up my drink, and a second one as a chaser. Once done, I made my way over to the snack table as I took turns sipping on both drinks.

With my drinks and snack in hand, I looked for a spot to sit, which was easier than I thought.

I closed my eyes and listened to the music that drowned out the laughter and small talk from those around me, hoping it would drown out my thoughts.

"I needed this," I told myself in a whisper before taking a sip of my drinks.

I'm tired of how everything revolving around Pyro lately. All my family talks about is about Pyro and his so-called problems.

"If I had a white wolf, I wouldn't be trying to hide it from the world," I went on to same before drinking the rest of my drinks "I would use it to my advantage and get what I want."

I never could understand why Pyro thinks having a white wolf is a curse. If he uses it to his advantage, he could get so many gifts from guys. I remember how Aunt Donna told me how years ago how male werewolves would send expensive gifts to get the attention of a white wolf.

"I would love to get expensive gifts," I groan as I stood up to get another drink in the hopes of forgetting how Pyro have what I wanted.

The more I thought about the life Pyro could have, the more I drink because it was the life I wanted. I wanted the life that was supposed to be giving to me like my ancestors within the Supreme Pack. The white wolves within that pack were treated like royalty beyond that of a mere Luna.

"Who needs to be a Luna if you have a white wolf," I pause for a moment to think about the situation "but it would be a nice touch to be a Luna of a powerful pack."

Before I knew it, it was dark. I knew my phone had dozens of missed calls and texts from my aunt and uncle, wondering where I am. That is why I left my phone in my locker, and probably they would have used the location to find me.

"It's all  Pyro's fault," I mumbled.

I knew I was going to be grounded for life when I got home, so I figured that I better party and drink as much as I can before I headed back.

"Her party turn out better than I thought."

I turn in the direction of the familiar voice. It was Jesse with his friends. They sat in the same area as me, talking to each other.

Then they started talking about Ylva and her so-called white wolf. I got up and headed over to them.

 I got up and headed over to them

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.

And like always...

Thank you for reading!

-AJ Pharaoh