Kiss and Makeup: Part Two

When Frank walked into his hotel room, he screamed.

Leo was sitting on his bed, watching TV and acting like this kind of thing happened everyday.

"What are you doing in here? How did you get in here?" he squeaked, and Leo looked at him without changing his facial expression.

"These locks are really easy to trick. The hotel people should do something about that."

"Leo, forget about the locks! Why are you in my room?"

Leo sighed and flopped backwards to look at the ceiling, mumbling the answer so Frank could barely hear it.

"You're the only person I didn't think would tell me I acted like a dumb jerk."

"But you did act like a dumb jerk," Frank said, sitting down on the bed. Leo groaned.

"Yeah, but I didn't think you'd say it!"

Frank honestly had no idea how to act around Leo, since he'd given him hell the first quarter because of his crush on Hazel. Now he was dating Hazel's brother, and Frank was still awkward around the guy.

"If I can ask-" he started hesitantly, "why did you act like such a dumb jerk?"

Leo covered his eyes with his hands and rolled over, away from Frank.

"I don't know! Nico never acted that freely around me from the beginning, you know? And he and Butch just hit it off immediately, like it's nothing! It's like I broke down all of Nico's barriers myself, and then he just waltzes through like they never existed!"

Frank sighed.

"Leo, Nico wasn't flirting with Butch. I only got here a few hours ago, and I can see that. You were being unfair."

"I didn't try to be! I thought I was over it after the shoot, but then I talked to Butch and he ruffled Nico's hair and made him smile, and they hit it off immediately! Nico couldn't stand me the first time we met!"

"Neither could I," Frank muttered. Leo ignored him.

"Leo, stop trying to make excuses for your actions. Man up, and admit you were being a petty, possessive, jealous jerk and go apologize to Nico!" Frank stressed, not wavering even Leo sat up and stared at him in amazement.

"Someone grew up," he said, and Frank smiled.

"Not really. This is just obvious. And stop trying to change the subject! You don't really want to break up with Nico , do you?"

"Of course not!" Leo exclaimed, seemingly hurt at the simple thought. "I was angry and thought he was gonna say that, so naturally I had to say it first, because it's our first fight and everything and neither of us has any idea what we're doing-"

"This is only your first fight?!" Frank exclaimed. "God, no wonder you were both so tense and overdramatic!"

"Shut up," Leo muttered, wringing his hands. "I've never been good at apologizing, and Nico holds grudges like I've never seen. What if I can't get him to forgive me?"

Frank grabbed his shoulders and shook him the tiniest bit.

"Leo, you can't let fear of an action stop you from doing the action itself. I am 100% certain that Nico will forgive you, however long it takes. Just be creative. You made him a sword for Christmas, for Pete's sake!. Now please, get out of my room."

Leo hugged him quickly, yelling "Thanks, Frankie!" before slamming the door, loud enough to cover Frank's indignant "Don't call me Frankie."
________________________________