Two Assets

As Mando scans the Beskar for entrance a Woman hurries away brushing hands with him. "Excuse me." She mumbles. "Not a problem." He watches her walk away disappearing away. The lasting thought leaving his brain scrambled.

She was beautiful.

"Greef Karga said you were coming." The Client says rehearsed. "What else did he say?" Mando says. "He said you were the best in the parsec."

A door to the side opens and a male walks in making Mando raise his blaster causing the Stormtroopers to raise theirs.

"Freeze! Drop your weapons!" "This is Doctor Pershing. Please excuse his lack of decorum.

His enthusiasm outweighs his discretion. Please lower your blaster." "Have them lower theirs first."

"We have you four to one." A Trooper says. The Mandalorian smirks under his helmet. "I like those odds."

The Client leans forward. "He also said you were expensive. Very expensive. Please sit." Mando sits in front of the Client as he shows him the prize.

"Beskar?" 

"Go ahead. It's real." The Mandalorian studies the beskar. "This is only a down payment. I have a camtono of Beskar waiting for you upon delivery of the assets." "Assets? I understood there is one target." The Client nods. "She's quite a handful. We had to lure her in and offer her something valuable... Same as you, Mandalorian. She will be hunting this bounty as well. Bring both of them to me."

"Alive."

"Yes. Alive. Although, I acknowledge that bounty hunting is a complicated profession.

This being the case, proof of termination is also acceptable for a lower fee."

"That is not what we agreed upon." The Doctor argues. "I'm simply being pragmatic."

"Let's see the puck." "I'm afraid discretion dictates a less traditional agreement. We can only offer you two tracking fobs. One for the asset, and one for the girl." The Client slides over two fobs.

"What's the chain code?"

"We can only provide the last four digits."

Mando tilts his head. "Their age? That's all you can give me?"

"Yes. They're 50 years old. We can also give you last reported positional data." The Mandalorian sits straighter. "What about the girl?" The doctor walks up holding out a file. Mando grasps it and opens it to find several pictures of a cloaked young woman in a heated battle with several Imperial soldiers. "Solo Soul Snatcher?" "So you've heard the whispers." "Years ago, yes."

"She is also allowed proof of death by bringing her weapon and her head."

The Mandalorian stands.

"Between that and the fob, a man of your skill should make short work of this. The Beskar belongs back into the hands of a Mandalorian. It is good to restore the natural order of things after a period of such disarray, don't you agree?"