012

𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸 𝙽𝙴'𝚉𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙶𝙸𝙱𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

Armani sighed as she slowly removed the white woman's hand from her hair and proceeded to explain why she shouldn't touch it. She rolled her eyes thinking that society had moved passed the "this is your real hair or extensions" bullshit, but based on the event that had just taken place, clearly, society has not. She had been arguing with the woman for the past 5 minutes and still she didn't understand where Armani was coming from or seemed to care how she felt.

"I just wanted to see if it was real!" the white woman argued with Armani's manager whom Armani called to ensure the safety of this woman from Armani beating her ass.

Armani could understand that white people found black women's hair to be the most amazing thing ever seeing that it could be styled in various ways. Each hairstyle was more different than the last, more complicated than the one before. She understood why white women stared whenever her hair was in braids because seeing all the lines and art placed into hair was art in itself. It just looked entirely different from white people's hair and in her opinion, much better than a white woman's hair.

"Look, I'm done arguing with you. All I have left to say is I get that my hair may look cool or different or even weird to your people but that does not give you the right to come over here and violate me by touching my hair. Any other women would have laid you out for even saying that stupid bullshit asking if it was real but luckily I'm not like that." Armani said. "Now I'd advise you to walk away and finish shopping because I've explained my reasoning more than five times and I will not be friendly if I explain myself again."

The woman looked at Armani and scoffed, then turned on her heels knocking down shoeboxes on her way towards the exit only to be stopped by security.

"Pick it up ma'am, I don't know who you think you are but continue this nonsense and you will be getting banned from this store for disturbing the peace." Said Ryan.

Armani smirked as the woman looked at her and glared as she slowly bent down to pick up the boxes. She shrugged not caring for the woman who not only violated her but did something stupid because she got mad she was corrected.

She checked the time on her phone and saw that it was about that time to clock out. She quickly grabbed her belongings and slipped out before her manager could see me. She was not doing no more damn overtime, she wanted to sleep.

Once she arrived home, she dropped her stuff on the left side of her bed,  removed her clothes and lied down letting out a loud dramatic breath. She closed her eyes and 20 minutes into her sleep, her phone rang. She ignored it until it rung once again.

"What the hell do you want?" She huffed.

"Girl I'll launch yo ass all the way to Cancun and hit you with a baseball bat so you can go around the world." Said her father making her mouth drop.

"My bad, I'm just tired." She yawned.

"You had work today?" He asked.

Well obviously. She thought to herself.

"Yes." She said yawning again.

"How was it?"

"I almost dragged a white woman for touch my hair." She spoke shrugging her shoulders as if he could see her.

"Girl now you know if you touch a white woman, you're going to Jail and I'm tired of having to bail you out." He said speaking in an exhausted tone.

It was true, her anger had landed her in jail a couple of times but most time she spent was 4 months and they forced her into anger management. All of the times she went, the court ruled in her favor simply because she was provoked over and over again. Luck, was what everyone told her she had but she shrugged it off. If it was true, her mother would still be alive and the person who killed her would have been dead himself.

"She provoked me but I didn't touch her so don't worry." She spoke honestly.

"Mmhm, thats good because remember last ti-

Armani cut him off with a huff. "Yes I remember and that wasn't my fault, she should have never spit in my hair."

Armani recalled the time wheres her and her father went to a game. She was sitting in front of a loud hood rat,  whom she asked nicely to stop putting her feet on her chair. The hood rat of course got loud and proceeded to spit on her hair. Therefore causing her to drag her down the 25 bleachers and stomp her head in until her face was swollen and she saw blood on her Louis Vuitton shoes.

"Mm I'm just saying, but listen I'm on my way to a meeting so I'll call you later." He said making her nod her head, again as if he could see her.

"Okay." She said and they said their goodbyes.

She lied back down thinking she would finally get some sleep only for her phone to ring again.

"What the fuck do you people want broo?" She said with attitude.

"Girl get up, I'm on my way to get you." Said Azariah hanging up before she could respond.

I think the fuck not. She thought in her head lying back down to sleep once again.