Chapter 18

The day arrived when Thomas would move back to England. I walked with him to his apartment after his last day of school here. I hung on to his arm, the cold being unbearable. We grabbed a cab and drove to his apartment, it was at the edge of the bustling city.

We arrived in his apartment, it being completely empty. He collected his last belongings and stuffed them into a duffle bag. I stood by the front door, admiring the room and wondering what it used to look like when it was fully furnished. Thomas took a final gaze at his surroundings, then turned to me. He gave a reassuring smile, and then off we went.

He hauled a traveling case with wheels behind him down the bustling city street, and a duffle bag slung over his shoulder. We waited at the end of the busy city street, waiting for a cab. From there, he would pay the cab driver to take him to the airport.

I hung on to him the entire time we waited. Not only because it was so cold, but because who knows when I would see Thomas again. I loved him. And I was sure of that.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," I said, my voice sounding weird after such a long silence.

Thomas kissed my head, "I'm going to miss you too," he said, a trace of tears in his voice.

We stood in the cold December air, hugging each other until the cab finally arrived. It was only until the impatient driver repeatedly tapped on his watch, we broke our hug. He looked at me, watery eyes and all. We were about to kiss when the driver beeped his horn, causing Thomas and I to jump. He held my cheek in his hand, his eyes filled sadness. I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I replied, his sad expression making me want to break down in tears. His soft hands slipped away from the cheeks that were wet with tears, and grabbed his bags. He pushed them into the backseat one at a time, then got into the car himself. He closed the door. I saw tears streaming down his face as he blew me a kiss from the already moving cab.

As soon as the cab was out of sight, that was when I broke down into tears. My first love was moving away and I would never see him again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is so short.. I promise the next one will be longer :)

This chapter is full of a lot of feels though.. The next one may or may not be filled with even more. You never know. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed! Stay tuned for the next chapter! :)

-crankynewt