xxx. the kids aren't alright

CHAPTER THIRTY:THE KIDS AREN'T ALRIGHT

CHAPTER THIRTY:
THE KIDS AREN'T ALRIGHT

■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■

   USUALLY, LIZ HATED Nancy's aggressive driving but right now, she loved it. Nancy had been going at least fifteen over the speed limit through the streets of Hawkins before pulling into the parking lot of a small grocery store. It was clearly closed but they fixed that by throwing a rock through the sliding glass doors. They all filed into the store, Eleven being held by both Max and Mike. They went straight to the first aid aisle as Nancy grabbed rubbing alcohol and bandages, "Okay, get her down."

   They put Eleven down on the ground gently, her back against one of the shelves. Nancy slowly rolled up Eleven's pants, revealing the wound that was oozing blood. Everyone in the room let out an, "Oh shit." Liz thought she might throw up.

   Nancy opened up the gauze package and Max's eyes widened, "What — What — Hey, what are you doing?"

   "I'm cleaning the wound," Nancy explained before pouring rubbing alcohol on the gauze.

   Max placed a hand on Nancy's arm, "No, first, we need to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage." Everyone stared at her, wondering how she even knew that in the first place. "I skateboard. Trust me."

   Max grabbed gauze and placed it over Eleven's bleeding wound, "Mike, hold this." He placed his hand on the gauze. "Keep the pressure on it, nice and firm, okay?" Max looked up at Nancy. "We're gonna need soap and water."

   Nancy and Jonathan nodded before going off to find what Max needed. Liz watched as Lucas unzipped his backpack and dumped out everything from it. Max turned around, hearing the noise before glancing down at the random objects. She then looked up at Lucas, "Does any of this help?"

   Max shook her head, "No. Go get me a washcloth and a bowl."

   "A bowl?" Lucas questioned.

   "Lucas," Max glared at the boy.

   Will patted Lucas's arm, gesturing for them to go. Lucas sighed, rolling his eyes and going with Will. Max then looked up at Liz who was watching Max treat Eleven's wound, "Can you go with them? Make sure they actually get what I need."

   Liz nodded, "Yeah."

   Liz left the aisle, following Will and Lucas. She saw they were going towards the cereal aisle and she rolled her eyes. She walked into the aisle, "Max said she needed a bowl and a washcloth, not cereal. Snacking is not our main priority right now."

   "We are looking for a bowl," Lucas argued. "It's obviously with the cereal."

   Liz furrowed her brows in confusion at the two boys, "What? Why would it be with the cereal, a food item when a bowl isn't food?"