All Grown Up (jimmy page)

September, 1968

You felt butterflies in your stomach as you made your way to the venue.

You had been asked by Jimmy to see his new band The New Yardbirds perform tonight.

You hadn't seen Jimmy in about 2 years, when he joined The Yardbirds. The two of you dated for a couple years up until he joined the band with his friend Jeff Beck.

There weren't many hard feelings between you and Jimmy during your breakup, it was mutual really. He was pursuing his guitarist career and you were very proud of him for it. It was just easier to let him go.

Only a few months back he started writing to you in letters. You were happily suprised seeing his name on an envelope in your mailbox. The two of you had been writing ever since, just being friendly towards each other and catching up.

About a week ago you got a letter from Jimmy saying that he was playing with his new band in your town and he wanted to see you. You of course agreed, but you were strangely nervous to see him again though you've known each other for years.

You walked into the venue and made your way into the crowd.  A very handsome man came out and introduced the band, and then the band members.

"Hello, and welcome to 'The New Yardbirds'! I'm your lead singer Robert Plant. The drummer," he gestured behind him, "John Bonham. Bass and keyboard, John Paul Jones. And guitarist, Jimmy Page."

And that's when you noticed him. Not the clean-cut, short-haired boy you remember from a few years ago, but a longer haired man playing on his beautifully painted guitar.

"And now that you know us, enjoy our show. Here's 'You Shook Me',".

They began to play their first song and it suprised you. It was different from what you remembered from The Yardbirds. A better kind of different. It was very bluesy, with a hard piece of rock and roll. Though this Robert's voice was amazing and very captivating, what amazed you even more was Jimmy's guitar playing ability. His style had improved for the better.

You intently watched him during the solo and the very interesting duet between his guitar and Robert's voice.

A storm of applause ended 'You Shook Me,' and the rest of their songs that night until they said their goodbyes and thanks.

It was your time now to meet up with Jimmy. He told you in his latest letter to make your way backstage and meet him. So you did.

You found your way to the back and slowly peaked around the corner. The band was packing up their things in cases and preparing to leave.

"James," you said, walking into the room.

He turned around. Once he saw you a huge smile formed on his face.

"Y/N!" He exclaimed, coming up to you and embracing you in a hug.

You hugged him back tightly, for some reason missing this feeling from before. His scent was even the same.

"Care to introduce?" The lead singer asked with a smirk.

"Right, right," Jimmy replied, "Guys, this is Y/N. She's- uh-" he stuttered a little, "an old friend."

"I'm Robert," the man said, shaking your hand.

"And this is Bonzo and John," Jimmy said, and you shaking their hands as well.

"Nice to meet you all," you smiled.

"You want to go somewhere? To catch up?" Jimmy asked. You nodded in response.

Jimmy led you out to a fire escape overlooking the city.

"Sorry, it's the only place here where it can just be us," Jimmy said.

"No, its fine," you replied with a laugh.

Jimmy stepped closer to you, leaning against the railing.

"You guys were really good out there. I'm proud of you Jimmy," you stated.

He smirked, and thanked you.

"I'm glad you achieved what you've always wanted. You're an incredible guitarist."

Jimmy stepped even closer to you and slowly held your hand in his.

"I've missed you so much Y/N," he said, looking into your eyes.

"I missed you too," you replied, feeling butterflies in your stomach once again.

"I'm sorry that I left you however long ago. I didn't necessarily want to but-" he sighed.

"It was for the best James. I'm happy for you, it was the best choice."

"Now that have a stable band and pay, I know what I could want," he said.

"And what would you want?" You questioned, looking up at him.

"I'd want to hopefully get you back."

You felt your face redden with nervousness.

"How would that work when you're traveling with the band?" You asked.

"You'd come with me. Travel with me. I want you back Y/N. I want to see your beautiful face everyday and be with you every night. These letters arent enough. I havent stopped loving you since I left."

Jimmy tensed up a little, hoping you felt the same.

"I understand if you say no-"

You leaned up towards him and kissed him tenderly, something you dearly missed. You had forgotten how soft his lips were and so good he was.

"Is that a yes then?" Jimmy asked, stepping away in a fluster.

"Of course Jimmy," you replied.

-
-
-
❤❤❤