Love Pep Talk

Ginny sat beside you, gently brushing the hair out of your face. Hermione, on the other side, squeezed your hand tight with reassurance. Angelina was giving you a pep talk.

"You can do this, Y/N! Trust me! Believe in yourself! You and Fred have had a rocky road, but down at the end, there's sunshine, girl! Don't worry, it's going to go great! I know it will! And we've got your back, if it doesn't. Which it won't," she added quickly, seeing a hint of nervousness cross your face. "It's going to be the best. You can do it. We believe in you, and you've got to believe in yourself. He loves you, girl, and you love him too! You've got this!"

You took a deep breath. "Wow. Thank you, guys. You're all so... thank you."

Hermione smiled. "I knew this moment would come all along."

"Thanks for giving up your spew thing for a day, Mione, I really appreciate it."

She cringed when you said 'spew' instead of 'S.P.E.W', but didn't say anything. Instead she nodded. "Of course. Wouldn't miss it for the world."

Ron came up to your spot in the courtyard almost unwillingly. He tapped Ginny on the shoulder, getting everyone's attention.

"Ginny. Er. We need you. Family thing."

Ginny rose in her spot. Simultaneously, you and Hermione rose, too, a worried expression painted on your faces. You may not have been related by blood, but these guys were closer to you than anyone else.

Ron looked from you to Hermione. "Just Ginny. Sorry guys."

Hermione sighed and sat back down, but you didn't move.

"Y/N, I'll be back soon. Don't fret." Ginny said, gently placing a hand on your shoulder and trying to sit you back in your seat, however you wouldn't budge. "Well, er, see you." She said awkwardly, as she turned and walked away. You watched their figures get smaller and smaller until they were no longer visible, when you finally diverted your eyes and relaxed once again.

"Geez, Y/N, if you're like that with friends, imagine what a monster of a parent you'll be when you have kids?" Angelina joked, causing a smile to spread across Hermione's face, however you turned bright crimson.

"K—kids? Oh my fucking god, don't bring those things up." You spluttered. "I don't even want to be thinking about that kinda stuff yet." Your breaths were shortening. Picking up pace. It was getting harder for you to breathe.

"Omigod, Y/N, calm down!" Hermione said, the least likely person to not only understand a joke but not take it personally either. "Just a little joke."

"Ok. Yeah. Phew. It's just that we were talking about Fred and then — and then — ugh." You shuttered, Angelina not so subtlety holding back a laugh.

"Speaking of Fred, I wonder what those Weasley's are up to..." Hermione wondered aloud.

. . .

Fred was not Fred. Well, not the Fred everyone was accustomed to.

Fred was hyperventilating. He had forgotten to breathe earlier and George had to remind him before his skin turned (too) purple. He couldn't focus. He found himself thinking about Y/N every moment of the day. The e/c-ness of her eyes, the lovely sound of her laughter, the pinkness/redness of her lips. Her nice lips. Her soft lips. Her attractive lips. Her lips-that-he-wanted-to-be-kissing-very-badly lips. You get the drift.

And when he wasn't fantasizing about her, he was worrying about her. Was she ok? What class did she have right now? Was she with her friends? Was she all alone? Who was she talking to? Was she talking to another guy? Flirting with one? Kissing one? Telling one she was over him? The thoughts gave him nightmares but they wouldn't go away. What if she was? What if he was a one-off thing and now she was going to get with someone else? Someone new? Someone better than him? Someone worst? He shuddered.

George patted him on the back. Fred started. He was worrying again. Y/N wouldn't get off his mind. When he closed his eyes, he saw the imprint of her against his eyelids. It was a little unnerving, but after blinking a couple of times, he noticed Ginny standing in front of him.

"G—Ginny." He stuttered. "Hi."

She glanced at Ron, her eyes doing the talking. He nodded. Fred needed some help.

"This is Y/N's doing, isn't it?" She asked, sitting down beside him. George was on the other side, looking genuinely worried for his brother.

"How'd you know?" Said George sarcastically.

"It's just... I can't get her off of my mind!" He confided to his siblings. Something about saying it aloud made it feel oddly real, but at the same time, it was comforting to get it off his chest. Especially to his family.

"We get it, mate. We've all been through it." Ron said, before glancing at Ginny. "Well, I dunno about her — who would date her?" He said jokingly, earning a punch from his sister.

"Oh haha, very funny. I'll have you know that I've been on a date."

"What?!" All three brothers exclaimed in unison, their resemblance to each other strikingly more obvious in their surprised tones.

"I didn't say anything," she said quickly, trying to make up for her mistake. "And if you tell anyone, especially Y/N, they'll be pissed cause I haven't mentioned it yet." She burned bright red as George started to wiggle his eyebrows at her, making her vaguely remember that she had once thought Y/N would date him. What a very big mistake she had made.

"Anyways, we're getting off topic. This is about Fred and Y/N."

"Oh. Er. Right. Me and Y/N. Y/N and me. Right." Fred said. It was obvious he needed some serious help, and soon.

"Well?" Ginny asked, "What's the problem?"

"Heh. Problem. Of course."

"Fred." She said in a warning tone, one that sounded uncannily close to their mother.

"Oh. I. Umm. I think I'm in love with Y/N."

Ginny's mouth dropped open. George stared at his twin, wide eyed, but smiling as if he sort of expected it. Ron was dumbfounded.

"Seriously?" Ginny said, close to squealing.

"Yes. Definitely."

Ginny let out her squeal. George gave his twin a hug. Ron smiled and gave him a hi-five.

"But I dunno if she—"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!" Ginny almost screamed, surprising her siblings. She had never said the f-word before, or at least, not in front of them. It did get them to shut up, though. "Don't you dare finish that sentence! You know what Ron just pulled me from? Y/N. We were helping her get the courage to tell you the same thing. So please, stop with all the cliché I-love-her-but-I-don't-know-if-she-loves-me bullshit, alright? Thank you!"

Ginny was red in the face but she returned Fred's smile. It took everyone a minute to recover from that. Everyone had sort of forgotten how defiant and outspoken Ginny could be, but this was a good reminder.

"So?" George finally asked, breaking the silence. "Are you gonna do it?"

Fred smiled. "Yeah. I think I am."

He didn't even know that you were about to do the same thing.

But first, you had tutoring.

. . .

A/n: guys omg omg omg I don't want this to endddd! In case you haven't noticed, the whole tutoring thing at the end of this is legitimately only there because I want to write more of this lmao. HOWEVER, I just had the BEST idea for another Fred x Reader! It's gonna be awesome, so make sure you check it out once I've... you know... published it lol. I hope you enjoyed this! Love y'all so mother freaking much!!!