Part 26

The long awaited reply from your masked 'Genius' did not disappoint, your fluttering heart keeping you in such a restless state ever since.

He was unexpectedly talkative for once, which seemed like the littlest thing to completely change your mood, but nonetheless it put the most stupid smile on your face for the rest of your shift.

Knowing your capabilities to overthink, twist and distort everything to an extreme, the looming anxiety of the situation you created for yourself was still in the forefront of your mind.

But all you wanted was to just be able to enjoy this moment for what it was, pushing the rest of your worries to the back of your head for the time being.

It must have taken forever for you to fall asleep that night, the conversation you shared still vividly replaying in your mind.

When you woke up the next morning, you felt surprisingly well rested despite your short sleep, springing out of bed without even hitting your snooze button.

You didn't bother wasting any extra time on your appearance once again, wearing half of your hair up and leaving the rest down, and only applying a thin layer of make-up.

Once you were ready, you quickly grabbed your bag and shoes, slamming your apartment door behind you to head over to the bakery for another early breakfast.

On your slow walk to work, you couldn't help but open your chat screen one more time to double check that you weren't just dreaming, a smile creeping onto your lips as you re-read everything that was exchanged yesterday morning.

-

[07:42] 🔥Yoongi: The coffee doesn't taste the same here

[07:42] 🔥Yoongi: I miss you messing up my order

-

Even now after reading it for the millionth time since then, you had to stop yourself from blushing wildly at the absurd thought that he might be missing you just as much as you missed him.

Impossible...

Your pitiful, attention-deprived self desperately tried to extinguish your nervous excitement, remembering just how hard it was at the time to respond to his text without coming across as incredibly needy.

-

[07:44] Yoongi's Girl💜:
And here I was thinking that you hated me or something...

[07:44] 🔥Yoongi: Count yourself lucky, Yoongi's girl.

[07:45] 🔥Yoongi: But for what reason might I hate you?

[07:46] Yoongi's Girl💜:
No logical reason of course. I'm delightful...

[07:47] Yoongi's Girl💜:
But you're very good at disappearing without a trace.

[07:47] 🔥Yoongi: Oh, I'm sorry to keep you waiting princess.

[07:48] 🔥Yoongi: Did you miss me that much?

[07:48] Yoongi's Girl💜:
Ughh. No...

[07:49] 🔥Yoongi: You're a terrible liar, Yoongi's girl 😉

-

Sure, you've never been a great liar.

You were already aware of how good your ineffective poker face was at betraying you, but you had at least hoped your self proclaimed 'Genius' wouldn't be able to see through your texts as well.