9 // Far Too Cliché

London, day 4. Not too many interesting things happened yesterday. My family and I went out to lunch and yet another museum. British history was cool and all, but not to the point where I'd want to spend 2 whole days in a row looking at it. I shouldn't complain though, it's still money my parents spent for us to enjoy our stay and I shouldn't be ungrateful. Speaking of all the expenses of this trip, Harry's concert was tonight and I was extremely excited, but also quite anxious. I've never gotten pit before, so I was nervous the crazed fans would all be too much crowding around me.

I'd texted Jess asking her what I should wear tonight and she insisted on me wearing the Fleetwood Mac shirt. But I told her that'd be too cliché and I'd be asking for everyone to judge me. I mean, for Christ's sake, it's a Harry Styles show.

Though my mind should be wrapped around Harry and the idea of being so close to him for the first time ever tonight, I couldn't stop thinking about Noah. I've never been one to meet a guy and want to immediately go on a date with him, but I felt differently with Noah. He was just far too charming and knew all the right things to say. Even in high school, for example, I never wanted to go on dates. The idea of a relationship moving so fast then getting boring terrified me, so I stayed away from all boys. And because I wasn't going to parties and I didn't join any clubs or extracurricular activities, I had quite literally no friends. I was that girl who did the homework when it was due and always got straight A's. Not only did my parents expect me to, but I had nothing better to do than to read and do homework.

This was where my love for reading developed. I would pick up a book and the character would have a best friend and they would go through things together. I wanted that. So I'd imagine myself in their place and it made me feel like I almost had someone. But deep down, a small piece of me still knew I was alone. That is, until college. College was a big time of growth for me. I obviously went into it without any friends and with the intention of just getting my degree and leaving that place. But things took an unexpected turn and I met Jess.

I met Jessica Lee on the 16th of September during my sophomore year of college at a party I didn't even want to go to. I felt pressured to go and I was insanely uncomfortable. Jess was the only person there who wasn't too intoxicated to notice. She'd asked me if I was okay and when I said I was, she knew I was lying. We further got to know each other and had almost nothing in common, except we both used to be crazy One Direction fans in our teen years. She told me how her favorite was Zayn and I immediately knew she had been through some trauma in March of 2015.

Our relationship pretty much budded from our pasts, even though our family lives were polar opposites. Her dad left when she was 3 and her mom started sleeping around with younger men, and that's how she ended up with Jess's two younger siblings, whom she practically raised. My parents were still married and had four kids and we lived in a perfect house with the perfect family and the perfect life. The thing that sucks about living a perfect life is that you're judged and shamed for anything nonperfect you do. And that's how I grew up, scared to always do the wrong thing even if it felt right.

My phone buzzes in my pocket as I overlook my suitcase. I pull it out and look at it to see that Jess — oddly enough — texted me.

Jess: Wear the pink pants.

I shook my head as I tapped out a reply.

Lili: Absolutely not

Jess: I have a feeling!

Lili: Here we go again

Jess: No I'm serious!! Harry will love them!!!

Lili: I'll wear the brown ones.

Jess: The brown ones don't give off the same vibe as the pink ones. They're not as fun

Lili: Brown pants or plain old jeans.

Jess: Fine.

Lili: Brown pants it is.

I shut my phone off and stuffed it back into my pocket. With a sigh, I knelt down onto the floor so I could reach my suitcase and I start rummaging through it. Not even two seconds later, I pull out the brown pants and set them aside. I purse my lips together in thought before snatching up my phone again.

Lili: I need a shirt.

Jess: Feminism shirt.

Lili: Of course. A classic

I toss my phone to the side before digging through my suitcase once again. It didn't take much for me to find my 'we should all be feminists' shirt. I bought this forever ago when I saw it in some random boutique in college and I had just moved to Colorado.

Many people are so curious as to why I chose Colorado of all places. First of all, that's where the college I wanted to go to at the time was, (don't ask why I didn't choose Stanford, even when I easily could've been excepted). Also, I like the mountains and being out in the middle of nowhere. Now, I could've chosen Utah also, but I fear being judged and Utah is practically the state of conservation. I will feel too out of place. So, the reason I chose Colorado was not because of marijuana.

I fold my t-shirt and pants and set them aside for later. It was very likely that I would try the outfit on before the concert, but I was feeling really lazy at the moment, so I wasn't planning on doing that.

It being morning time, I was really needing some coffee to get through the day. Not that I'd really be doing anything up until the concert, but a cup just sounded awfully good.

I wasn't dressed yet, and I let out a sigh as I realized Jess would punch me if I didn't wear the outfit for the concert out to coffee. She'd say something like "What if you met him then he saw you at the concert and recognized you with the outfit on?" But what Jess didn't know wouldn't kill her and she's not here to punch me anyway.

I get dressed in an outfit that wasn't the one for the concert tonight and went downstairs to the lobby. As I was walking towards the door to go down the street to Anna's, Noah stepped in front of me to block my path.

"Hey, you haven't texted me," He said, a hint of hurt on his voice, "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, sorry, I'm kind of bad at that kinda stuff," I told him. And I wasn't lying either, I've never been one to be really good at replying right away.

"Well I was off yesterday and I was going to see if you wanted to hang out or something," He said suggestively.

"Oh I totally would've, but I had plans with my family yesterday."

"Oh, that's fine. Maybe we could do something tonight instead," He suggests. "We could go on that dinner date."

"I can't tonight, I have the Harry Styles concert," I say, frowning because I felt bad I had to keep turning him down.

"Well, when are you free?"

"I'm not sure I will be free the whole rest of my trip," I continued to frown, "My parents packed everything in at the end of the trip."

"Oh okay," He said sadly.

"But maybe I can get out of dinner tomorrow night," I suggest.

"You don't have to do that," He shook his head.

"No no, it's fine," I tell him quickly, "it's just one dinner. I don't think it'll be that big of a deal."

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Positive," I smile.

"Alright then," He straightens his back, "I'll pick you up at your room tomorrow evening at 7 sharp."

"Okay," I giggle, placing my hands on the door, preparing to push it.

"It's formal dress, too," He winks. "Be ready."

"It's a date," I say to Noah before walking out of the building and making my way to Anna's.