husband promise

"and that's basically what happened." Adrien finished. Charlies mouth fell to the ground. her shock was replaced with anger when she looked at vaggie, who was looking down and messing with her hands, the two had been together long enough for Charlie to know that was a sign she felt guilty about something. 

"Vaggie, did you know." She asked point blank. Vaggie didn't answer. Charlie grumbled. "AMELIA! DID YOU KNOW!" Charlie asked raising her voice. Alastors eyes widened, Charlie had just used her real name, well, her human name anyway. 

Vaggie cringed. "yes I knew..." She said. Charlie became very angry, her wings came out, but they where covered in fire, Adrien gasped and ran to his dad, who held him close. "and you didn't care to tell al, who could've killed valentino, and this whole thing could've been avoided!" Charlie yelled, walking towards her. 

Vaggie looked at Charlie with pure horror, she was scarier than any demon she had ever seen. Alastor let go of Adrien and ran over, grabbing charlies hand. "Charlie please calm down! its not her fault! ive killed valentino off for good!" Alastor reasoned, holding her back. Charlie composed herself. She looked at Adrien and vaggie. "my god...im a monster..." Charlie said. 

Vaggie and alastor looked at each other and back at Charlie. Adrien ran to his mom and hugged her. "no your not, your just a powerful being..." Adrien said. Charlie smiled and hugged him back. 

"with a really bad temper." he added. Alastor smacked the back of adriens head as a warning. Adrien pulled away from his moms embrace. "yup...I deserved that..." 

"BED." Charlie and alastor said. Adrien rolled his eyes and looked at vaggie. "you comin or..." he said, getting ready to draw her back in. "yeah, gimmie a sec." vaggie said and Adrien nodded and leaned against the wall and started chewing on some nerds he found in the cabinet. 

Vaggie smiled softly at Charlie. "Your not a monster hon." Vaggie said. "thanks vag, and sorry for...all that." Vaggie waved off her apology and said she didn't need to apologize and went to Adrien and they shared a nod, then he went physical. 

Adrien went upstairs and Alastor and Charlie slumped down on the couch. "well that was one hell of a day." Charlie breathed out. Alastor chuckled, his laugh full of static. "did I ever tell you your hot when you get mad?" alastor asked. Charlie blushed red and groaned, hiding her face in her hands. 

He laughed and looked at her, then pulled his tired wife onto his lap for cuddles. Charlie fell asleep in his lap, her head on his shoulder. Alastor picked her up carefully and carried her to there room, where after getting situated, took a shower to rinse valentinos blood off him. 

when he stepped out with only a towel around his waist he found Charlie hugging her legs to her chest. "are you ok my dear?" Alastor asked sitting besides her. "Adriens arms...al I feel like a horrible mother." She confessed. Alastor pulled her close. "your a great mother Charlie, don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise, espically this person." he said and poked her forehead. She looked at him confused. 

"Charlotte magne, don't you dare ever tell yourself your a bad mother, because your probably the best in hell, in fact, I was going to talk to you about getting you and Adrien a therapist." Alastor said and Charlie looked at him weird. 

"Face it Charlie, if we don't do something, Adrien might turn out really bad, because something awful happened to him, and as his parents, we need to make sure he'll turn out ok." Alastor explained. Charlie agreed. "and me?" Charlie said with a playful smile. "well of course you! what you went through was very traumatic Charlie." he said, coaxing her back down. 

"I have you al, and I don't want anyone else." she said and rested her head on his chest, only to realize he was shirtless. She blushed hard and lifted her head. "you might wanna get dressed." Charlie said. Alastor chuckled and flipped them over so he hovering over her.

Charlie giggled. "very funny buck, but I'm not doing it while I'm pregnant." Charlie said. Alastor had completely forgotten she was carrying his child again and got off of her. Charlie laughed and kissed his cheek and cuddled up into the covers.  

When alastor was in his flannel pjs, he snuggled up next to her, spooning her. Alastor felt her smile. "Charlie?" He asked. She hmmed in acknowledgement. "I need you to promise me something." He said. Charlie faced him and looked into his eyes. 

"promise me if you feel yourself loosening control, you'll come to me." He asked and she nodded. He smiled and pushed aside a flying strand of hair. Charlie fell asleep with her head on his shoulder, but before he fell asleep, he whispered to her. 

"even when the smoke clears, I will be right here."