Chapter Thirty Five

"What is going on with Flynn and Ethan?" Blake asks. He and Kevin come running up behind me. I sigh and shrug.

"I don't know. They told me two completely different stories when I asked them yesterday," I state.

"Well, aren't there surveillance cameras in the cigar room? Why can't you go back and check them?" Kevin asks.

"There aren't any. Same reason there aren't any in the women's room. What happens in there stays in there," I say. I turn a corner and go into one of the smaller libraries. They follow and sit on a couch while I go through books.

"How did anyone know that they were fighting, then?" Blake asks. I pull out a book and walk over to the couch across from them. I prop my crutches up on the back of the couch.

"The guards outside the doors did. They claimed that the palace was silent and all of a sudden they heard yelling and things being slammed around," I explain.

"So, what is going to happen to them?" Blake asks.

"Yeah. When we signed up we were told that anyone who starts a fight will get eliminated," Blake says. I nod.

"That was assuming you wouldn't make it to the elite, I guess. It's too late to do that now since there is only four of you left," I reply.

"So, they are staying?" Blake asks.

"Yeah. The same thing happened during my father's Selection," I say.

"Who was it?" Kevin asks.

"My mom and Celeste Newsome. Celeste turned out to be one of my mom's closest friends from the selection. She was killed during the same rebel attack that my father's parents were killed in," I explain.

"What was it over?" Kevin asks. His eyebrows are slightly raised.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with Marlee. I think it was a couple days after she was found with the officer. My parents have only spoken about it a handful of times," I say. Kevin stands up.

"Well, that is very interesting. I think I am going to be going to my room now, if you will excuse me," he says. We both wave and he walks out of the library.
You all just wanted the air cleared up about the fight... Sorry! I had other plans. I have also thought of plans for Blake. Please comment and vote!

Disclaimer: Kiera Cass owns The Selection, not me.