The Brit Awards

"You sure you want to do this?" I ask Matty for the thousandth time this evening.

He holds my hand in his, we're in the back of a taxi on the way to the O2. Ross sat upfront with the driver, Hann, Carly and Louis were sat in front of me and George was sat next to Matty.

Matty nods at me "I've always wanted to show you off to the world. As long as you are ok then that's all I care about."

I take a deep breathe and release it as Matty kisses my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too."

We pull up, the flashes of cameras already blinding through the windows. I step out of the car with them, Matty taking my hand straight away.

The boys were dressed in fancy suits, Matty almost resembled Dracula but it was a look he pulled off well.

"Boys! Over here!"

Louis, Carly and I wait on the side of the carpet, playing a game of "Spot the celebrity" and fan-girling quietly together.

I watch Matty lean over the barrier to a photographer and say something before pointing in my direction. The photographer nods and I see Matty shout my name before beckoning me forward. Louis nudges me forward.

I had never been on a red carpet before, I always stood on the sidelines and it was terrifying to say the least. Hundreds of cameras watching your every move, no wonder people lose themselves.

Once I reach Matty he puts his arm around my waist and squeezes softly before mumbling into my ear.

"Is this ok, darling? I wanted a photo of the two of us." He says sweetly.

"It's overwhelming?" I say questioningly "I see why people always wear sunglasses now."

He laughs at this and shakes his head.

We pose for a few photographs together before Matty thanks the photographer and moves along with my hand in his.

A boy around 16 shouts Matty's name from the fan area of the carpet. We walk over and Matty says hello.

"Could I get a photo with you both? It's ok if Bea doesn't want too but I love you guys!" He says shyly.
Matty turns to me with raised eyebrows and I nod before moving closer to the two of them.

He snaps a few photos and thanks us, as we begin to move on he shouts.

"Are you two dating again?"

Matty nods with a beaming smile "Yeah!"

"Good, you guys are perfect for each other. Ignore the hate!"

I blow him a kiss before following Matty who's heading in the direction of the rest of the band.

We make our way into the O2, a security guard leading us over to our table where Jamie and some of the DirtyHit team were.

The show soon begins and not before long
it's the category for British Group up next. I could tell the boys were nervous, Matty's grip on my thigh had tightened and George's hand had slipped into mine.

Previews of the acts were on the screen, they soon stop and the presenters step forward.

"And the winner is, The 1975."

Matty pauses for a second, a smile taking over his face before he gets up from his seat and kisses me.

I pull back to let him hug everyone else, everyone grabbing hold of each other in celebration. They make their way onto stage and collect the award.

Throughout the speech I stayed standing, the smile on my face never leaving. It was obvious they were shocked and humbled, Matty was the designated speaker for the group and he thanked everyone before they made their way off stage.

The rest of the evening went on, awards and performances simultaneously. The band performed The Sound and were back at the table.

Ed Sheeran and Stormzy were on stage and I was too distracted by George who had been continuously looking around the area for at least 5 minutes.

I lean over "Whatcha looking at Georgie?"

He jumps and puts a hand to his chest before scowling "Jesus Christ, don't do that to me."

"Sorry, you look really paranoid though. What's wrong? Did you break something?"

"No I didn't break anything!" He scoffs before leaning forward and cupping his hand in front of his mouth to talk to me. "Got weed and just making sure no security are watching us."

I roll my eyes before looking at him to see a very serious expression on his face "Oh, you're not joking. They're watching the stage. Is that where Matty's gone?"

Matty had disappeared into thin air around the same time George started looking around. I feel a pinch on my leg and frown before pulling up the table cloth to see Matty under the table with a devilish grin.

I bend down "What're you doing?"

"Getting stoned. Want any?" He asks nonchalantly. I shrug before taking it from his hands and take a hit before sitting back up which causes George to get under the table.

Adam had taken Carly to meet an artist she was a fan of so they weren't at the table. Ross soon comes wandering back over with one arm slung around Louis' shoulder and the other carrying 2 drinks as well as Louis who carried 2 more drinks.

They sit at the table and Ross kicks George accidentally when sitting back down not realising he was under the table.

"Ow! You fucking dickhead." George whines crawling out from under the table. Matty appears as well before clapping for the end of the performance.

Ross looks at the two of them "Why're you under the table?"

Matty goes to speak but Louis cuts in "Are you stoned?"

George laughs "I'd offer you some kid but it's a school night." He leans over and ruffles up Louis' hair.

Matty smacks him "Shut up man."